1/3 Share 1977 Cessna 182Q, Fullerton, CA

Jeff Oslick

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff Oslick
More details to follow, but we have a 1/3 share available in our great 1977 Cessna 182Q.

Serious inquiries only. The selling co-owner is still working on the price, but no reason to think it will be "unrealistic". He hasn't flown in over a year and doesn't see himself getting active again. He was one of the original co-owners beginning in 2004 - I am the other original co-owner and the 3rd partner joined in 2005, so this is a very stable, well managed arrangement. Plane is owned by a dedicated LLC.

Hangared in Fullerton, CA
Other partners: 1) Master CFI-I, ATP, 737 Captain; 2) Commercial, instrument airplane

Garmin GNS-530W (current data subscription)
Garmin SL-30
Cessna 300A autopilot
PS Engineering PM-6000 audio panel
EI UBG-16 engine monitor + Carb Temp + digital OAT; MUX8A Engine Data Recorder
FP-5L Fuel flow (integrated into GNS 530W)

Pponk O-470-50 (275 hp)- ~950 SMOH in 2008 (engine is about 2,300 SNEW)
PSNEW - ~950 (2-blade McCauley)
TTAF- ~5,600

Paint: 8/10 (full paint in 2005, retouched about 4 years ago)
Interior: 7/10 (redone 2006)

Lots of goodies and well cared for:
Rosen Sun Visors
BAS 4-point harnesses for front seats
Long range bladders (75 gal useable); both bladders replaced within the last 12 years
Plane Power Alternator
Tempest vacuum pump
Engine mount completely rebuilt in 2008

Great, flexible schedule availability, no daily minimums, extended vacation trips!

Ideal partner will fly 50-125 hrs/year, instrument rated (not a deal breaker on instrument, but we will strongly encourage you to get it).

Exterior photos:
http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photos/N735CY:276065:1.html

Will get some interior shots posted.

PM me for more info.

Last edited:
Sorry, no, but with the Pponk it is a great mountain country plane! I've seen 700 fpm climb lightly loaded climbing from Mammoth Lakes (8,000' DA).

Typical cruise fuel consumption at mid altitudes is ~12.5 GPH at 135 KTAS, but on longer trips I will often climb to 11K - 13K and cruise at 9.5 GPH at 135 KTAS.

Almost forgot...we have a 4-place Aerox O2 system with 3 good size tanks available. Only costs about $1 per seat per hour to run O2.

Also, though individually-owned, we share 2 Bose and 1 Lightspeed Zulu headsets, and a few non-ANR sets laying around, including a pretty good DC 13.4 set.

I've seen the plane Jeff is describing and know the co-owner who is NOT selling his share. It's a well cared for bird with two good guys to be in partnership with.

Without wanting to get too far out in front of the other partner, I think it is safe to say $30K, negotiable. With a co-ownership sale things are a bit more complex as there is more than just the straight hull value involved, and our annual is at the end of the month. You also are not paying use tax on a co-ownership purchase, but someone else did pay that already.

Dry costs are $40/hr, plus about $17/hr for engine/prop reserve. If it flies more, we reduce the dry cost (we had it at $35/hr for awhile).

Insurance, hangar, property tax, LLC fees/costs, database subscription and the base-cost of the annual inspection and static/transponder checks are split evenly.

Wow, what a great opportunity. I'm in a pretty decent arrangement now otherwise I'd consider this, even with KFUL a bit aways from Corona. Nice machine, Jeff!! You had me at pponk... :D

Gee, a share in a182 at KFUL. I'm curious if the seller of the share was recently involved in a near miss followed by a blown tire and is now getting out. Yes, I know there are probably several 182s based at KFUL and it's most likely not the same plane but the timing is sort of funny. ;)

Gee, a share in a182 at KFUL. I'm curious if the seller of the share was recently involved in a near miss followed by a blown tire and is now getting out. Yes, I know there are probably several 182s based at KFUL and it's most likely not the same plane but the timing is sort of funny. ;)

Ha, more believable if it wasn't said that the seller of the share hadn't flown in over a year...

Not the same plane or the same pilot.

This plane has damage history, but the most recent was in 1980, if I recall correctly. It did have an off-runway excursion when it was only a couple years old, but all of that was properly repaired and has never been an issue (the repair was a bit better than the original construction, in fact, as the repair used zinc-chromate coated parts). There was a hangar rash incident involving the rudder getting reskinned many, many moons ago.

Back