Jim Rosenow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Rosenow
Woohoo....50 years since my first solo! At 11 hours into it, in a Cherokee 140.

Coincidentally, our Citabria also has 50 years on the hobbs....If it quits raining, we'll go do it again today :)

How many on the board are at 50+?

Jim

Didn't start young enough. Probably will have to stop before then as insurance won't be easy to get for a 91 year old pilot. :(

My wife is older than me, so if I do fly 50 years after my first solo it will probably be solo again.

Wayne

I hear ya about insurance, Wayne!

One of our local financial planners uses the tag line..'Relax, we've planned for that!' in his ads. Not that it's relevant, but...

Fortuitously, a few years back I married a 10-year younger CFII...her match.com profile included, 'A Citabria is my dream airplane.' Plan B and life is good :)

Jim

I'd need to be 20 years older to have soloed 50 years ago, and would have needed to start 12 years prior to when I did.

1970, can't remember the exact date. I could dig through all the basement stuff and find the logs books, but......

Attachments

• IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 50
OK so the old guy tired to up load a picture and screwed it up. Sorry. The last one is a picture of the collage my wife put together for my retirement. The others are the same picture of my Wife and I heading out in the C-172 we had access to. I think that must have been about 1974 or so. I'll try to find the picture I wanted. The B-17 driver who cut my shirt tails. I sure miss those guys.

I'll try this again.......Worked this time.

Attachments

• IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 39
Hard to believe it happened so quickly. Hard to believe its over (my career). So much struggle and and hard times, too hard of times to enjoy it while it lasted. And over in a flash.
WOW!

Here's a good one: Wally Funk, 1957 I think she said. You can watch her launch into space tomorrow.

The psychiatrist said that I technically never did solo.
How'd you persuade the psychiatrist to let you back into public life? :D:D:D Oops, wasn't supposed to say anything. Darn it. Too late! Darn HIPPA laws.

Back