06/22/2018 - I had a terrific day in the Cub. How was your flight?

Shepherd

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Shepherd
Perfect weather, so I rode the motorcycle to the airport. I flew 2 hours, stopped at a couple airports (1A1, 44N), just because, buzzed my house,made a perfect 3 pointer when I got back to GBR, and still had 2 gallons of fuel (usable) when I parked the plane.
All in all a great day.
Video to follow when I get the chance.
Go back to your rants. Or tell us about your flying this week.

Flew the "new" addition to the flight school fleet, '74 C172. Not as fun as yours @Shepherd but a nicely rigged, nice flying plane, at least until the students get their mitts on it.

Sounds like a great day.

I reserved the Citabria for tomorrow. Runway closed thru today for resurfacing at LVJ.

Perfect weather, so I rode the motorcycle to the airport. I flew 2 hours, stopped at a couple airports (1A1, 44N), just because, buzzed my house,made a perfect 3 pointer when I got back to GBR, and still had 2 gallons of fuel (usable) when I parked the plane.
All in all a great day.
Video to follow when I get the chance.
Go back to your rants. Or tell us about your flying this week.

Sure. Rub it in. You gots good Wx, airplane ain’t broke, ya don’t gotta rent and the schedule ain’t full and blah blah blah rant rant...(3, count em, just 3 ellipses) Anyway, sounds like a great day on the road and in the air. Didja make sure yer neighbor wasn’t watchin before you left for the airport? Hey!!!! You buzzed your house [insert anti buzzing FAR]. She musta not even have been home. Uh, it wasn’t really YOUR house you were buzzing, was it? Ok I’m done. I did 0.4 and 3 landings

Last edited:
I'm listening to liveatc, does that count?

That seems almost as dangerous as riding a motorcycle to the airport to fly one of those rickety little err-planes. :eek:

That seems almost as dangerous as riding a motorcycle to the airport to fly one of those rickety little err-planes. :eek:

I'm actually appalled at a good portion of people's radio work and ability to listen to and/or repeat basic instructions. was listening to GMU and some guy ignored 3 instructions by tower, then tower got pizzed because obviously he was trying to separate traffic but this tool just did whatever he wanted. plenty of other head scratchers as well.

I put in 10 gallons of gas (two trips to the corner gas station), got me to about 1/2 gallon from the top on each side.
Last flight was last Sunday - took the youngest daughters boyfriend for his first small airplane ride. Let him do most of the flying - did pretty good actually. Flew over where he worked for a couple pictures, and down the west shore of Lake Erie at a few hundred to see how the rich people live (actually a bit of a mix of McMansions and cottages from the '50s). Dropped in at a grass strip (W87) and back to Grosse Ile (ONZ). Nice ride.

I put in 10 gallons of gas (two trips to the corner gas station), got me to about 1/2 gallon from the top on each side.
Last flight was last Sunday - took the youngest daughters boyfriend for his first small airplane ride. Let him do most of the flying - did pretty good actually. Flew over where he worked for a couple pictures, and down the west shore of Lake Erie at a few hundred to see how the rich people live (actually a bit of a mix of McMansions and cottages from the '50s). Dropped in at a grass strip (W87) and back to Grosse Ile (ONZ). Nice ride.

I go to the airport and watch people with their own airplanes to see how the rich people live.

WARNING! Don’t google ‘last call’

Mmm ice cream..

last call (for something)
and lastchance (for something)
Fig. the last opportunity for doing, getting, or havingsomething. This is the last call for ice cream andcake. It's almost all gone.

...Last flight was last Sunday - took the youngest daughters boyfriend for his first small airplane ride...

Just curious; is the "You'll treat my daughter right, or they won't find your body" discussion just as effective when done using headsets over a intercom?

Just askin' :D

Just curious; is the "You'll treat my daughter right, or they won't find your body" discussion just as effective when done using headsets over a intercom?

Just askin' :D

If it's this guy, yeah...

image.gif

Flew on the evening of the solstice, which was arguably a nicer time to fly. Took off out of Albany for lesson #2 in the 182RG, headed to the reservoir for some air work and the to Glens Falls to practice an approach and to do some landings. My stick and rudder work was good, but I'm still knocking off some rust after a long hiatus, and I was a little behind the airplane sometimes. Gotta get more practice in.

Managed to end the evening with a smooth touchdown and made the first turn off (1000' from the threshold), and that felt good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmm ice cream..

last call (for something)
and lastchance (for something)
Fig. the last opportunity for doing, getting, or havingsomething. This is the last call for ice cream andcake. It's almost all gone.

Last chance!! That’s what I was thinking of. I was gonna give you a lecture on what’s so annoying, it’s got a good beat, melody and all that...

Last chance!! That’s what I was thinking of. I was gonna give you a lecture on what’s so annoying, it’s got a good beat, melody and all that...

A new tune? How many chords...

Disregard. It was Last Dance I was thinking of. I missed last call for coffee this morning

<<<<<<weathered out today, still coffeing

Last Dance by Garth Brooks? Great song.

Sure. Rub it in. You gots good Wx, airplane ain’t broke, ya don’t gotta rent and the schedule ain’t full and blah blah blah rant rant...(3, count em, just 3 ellipses) Anyway, sounds like a great day on the road and in the air. Didja make sure yer neighbor wasn’t watchin before you left for the airport? Hey!!!! You buzzed your house [insert anti buzzing FAR]. She musta not even have been home. Uh, it wasn’t really YOUR house you were buzzing, was it? Ok I’m done. I did 0.4 and 3 landings

First day in two weeks where the weather didn't totally suck.
The plane still has a problem with the tail wheel. It just doesn't want to turn right on the ground, but a lot of throttle, some right rudder and a little down elevator fixes that problem.

Huh? Ok, found it. That was ‘The Dance.’ It was fun imagining him covering Donna Summer though

Oops. Yeah Donna had some pipes, liked her even though I hated disco.

Last edited:
The wife and I went to Albuquerque the other day. Before we left we stopped at her favorite Vietnamese restaurant.

Guess what I am flying today......

I brought my new Cub home to Lake Hood.
Is that the Cub you have been building? Looks very nice...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just got back from a very nice flight up the Taku River. Smooth air 3500 ft scattered 4800 ft broken.

Finally got to the airport on Friday, flew out over the Finger Lakes under a 4000 BKN and higher overcast. Always nice and smooth on warm front or cut-off low cloudy days. The XM-WX was showing light precip throughout my flight path, but none of it was reaching the ground (or my plane.) No free plane wash for me. Western NY is always a nice trip--too bad there are not more airport diners out that way.

Cheers.

Got blown out last weekend. Rental is reserved for tomorrow. We shall see...

No flying today. It's our 45th wedding anniversary.

Good news is we have many wonderful memories. Better news is we can still remember them.

Congrats! We're at 46+ and we also can remember our memories.

Great flight today with the wife....teaching her stall as and landings today. Things are starting to click!

Took a friend on his first GA flight! Good times where had.

ae17cc05-8854-4df3-8e07-0e1dc5c838f7-jpeg.64293

Attachments

• AE17CC05-8854-4DF3-8E07-0E1DC5C838F7.jpeg
    AE17CC05-8854-4DF3-8E07-0E1DC5C838F7.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 131
Went up yesterday morning. It was dreary and damp with an overcast layer. I needed some cloud and sun therapy. It was a good flight for sure!20180622_090244.jpg

I flew the J-3 to a nearby airport (25 nm or so) for a fly-in lunch, classic car show, and golf ball dropping contest. Not sure why they decided to combine those last two. I don’t know how close I got to the target because I was too busy trying to get out of Dodge before the storm hit my home airport. I made it and did my best wheel landing ever.

Back