06-09-08 updates to my project

Gorgeous bird! Can't wait to see it flying!

Just out of curiosity -- what is the one piece that you are saving as the 'final' piece before calling it "done and ready"?

Gorgeous bird! Can't wait to see it flying!

Just out of curiosity -- what is the one piece that you are saving as the 'final' piece before calling it "done and ready"?

Wash wax and nit pick. they are never really done.. they just get better and better.

I'm going to have to twist someone's arm to fly right seat with me to come up and look at that this summer after I'm cleared to return to "normal" activities. Or you're going to have to fly it down to OLM some time. Museum quality would be an insult.

Thanks for providing the update, I had been looking for any new news.

BTW: you mounted that eyepiece backwards. :goofy:

And yes, she's gorgeous.:cheerswine:

Don't tempt me, I don't need another airplane. Did you cover with cotton? I really wish my father and I would have finished our F24R back in the seventies. We lost interest and sold it. I've seen pictures of the finished plane, its beautiful. My Grandfather bought a new F24W back in the 40s and kept it for years. I've always had a soft spot for a Fairchild 24.

Kevin

Don't tempt me, I don't need another airplane. Did you cover with cotton? I really wish my father and I would have finished our F24R back in the seventies. We lost interest and sold it. I've seen pictures of the finished plane, its beautiful. My Grandfather bought a new F24W back in the 40s and kept it for years. I've always had a soft spot for a Fairchild 24.

Kevin

It's ceconite and Airtech finish. untinted white base, and red barron red. with silver trim.

Attachments

• back stripe 1.JPG
    back stripe 1.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Numbers.JPG
    Numbers.JPG
    706.2 KB · Views: 8
  • strut covers.JPG
    strut covers.JPG
    403.8 KB · Views: 5
Here are pictures I took today of another one, hanging in the Museum of Flight. From a distance I don't think it compares with the pictures of Tom's masterpiece.

Attachments

• DSC04479.JPG
    DSC04479.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC04483.JPG
    DSC04483.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC04484.JPG
    DSC04484.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 8
Here are pictures I took today of another one, hanging in the Museum of Flight. From a distance I don't think it compares with the pictures of Tom's masterpiece.

That's a 46 with a 200 horse, and a constant speed. NICE !

Notice the smaller gear legs of the 40 and later, plus the ridgid ignition harness, counter weights on the prop.

I'm going to have to ... fly... up and look at that this summer .... Or you're going to have to fly it down to OLM some time. Museum quality would be an insult.

FLT IT!?

And let bugs smash into it? and smoke and oil dribble from it? an...:hairraise:

Whadaryanuts??? That baby should travel only in a tractor trailer with a motorcade.

(just kidding, it's just sooo pretty Tom)

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement, some times it takes a little nudge to get busy again and finish it.

Looks like the rest of the summer (if we ever get one) is mine, so we may geterdone.

Back