0-200 for sale

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
I'm selling the engine from my Varieze, It is EXP, has C-85 Pistons installed, and is set up for Varieze.

make offers.

You should put a IO550 in her ;)

GTSIO-520 would be my vote. Or PT6

TPE331 would be fun too ;)

You ruin all the fun ;)

Sorry for the hijack, good luck on your sale

Out of curiosity, what are you planning to replace it with? Varieze are slick little things and will really scoot with not a lot of horse power.

John

Out of curiosity, what are you planning to replace it with? Varieze are slick little things and will really scoot with not a lot of horse power.

John

Another tricked 0-200. that will dyno- around 140 horse.

Another tricked 0-200. that will dyno- around 140 horse.

What're you going to do to it? I'm always a fan of tricked out engines. :)

What're you going to do to it? I'm always a fan of tricked out engines. :)

Really not that much, the 85 horse pistons will get around 125-130, and a port and polish with bigger exhaust valves will easily get the rest.
and we will have the whole mess balanced.

I'm selling the engine from my Varieze, It is EXP, has C-85 Pistons installed, and is set up for Varieze.

make offers.

I think the rules say you have to include an asking price....

I think the rules say you have to include an asking price....

Oh Well, throw me the hell out :) do you normally nit pick every thing all day long, or do you really give a sh-t.

Oh Well, throw me the hell out :) do you normally nit pick every thing all day long, or do you really give a sh-t.

He's right, you're supposed to include an asking price. If you don't like it, tough. No one's forcing you to post.

No one's forcing you to read posts you find offensive. Maybe you need a safe room to sit in where you're in a happy place....:yikes:

Who's offended? How hard is it to simply follow rules instead of getting into a pi$$ing match over it?

Says a military rule follower, no matter how stupid the rule or order...some of us actually have common sense, seriously discouraged in the fearless tower of the military... that we prefer to follow.

Riiiight. If you only knew.....

He's right, you're supposed to include an asking price. If you don't like it, tough. No one's forcing you to post.

Well good, I won't offer any more stuff here, free or not. Craig's list and E-Bay gets better attention any way.

Ever stop to think where Ron and Bruce are? Why not here?

Nit picking Pi$$ing contest at the slightest subject.

Says a military rule follower, no matter how stupid the rule or order...some of us actually have common sense, seriously discouraged in the fearless tower of the military... that we prefer to follow.

I take it that your common sense is ignored quite often.

Ever stop to think where Ron and Bruce are? Why not here?

Bruce is actually back in the medical forum.

And Ron was hands down the biggest nit-picker here. You know darn well that isn't why he left.

Truth is most of us (including you and myself) have picked nits at some point or another. But seriously, why get bent out of shape about it? If the forum asks you to post an asking price and someone points it out, why the hostility?

I take it that your common sense is ignored quite often.

Most of us with 700+ canard hours tend to find newbie canard knowitalls do exactly rhat. And we leave them to their foolishness. :mad2: cya.

Bruce is actually back in the medical forum.

And Ron was hands down the biggest nit-picker here. You know darn well that isn't why he left.

Truth is most of us (including you and myself) have picked nits at some point or another. But seriously, why get bent out of shape about it? If the forum asks you to post an asking price and someone points it out, why the hostility?
following the rules wasn't my issue, some one making a big deal of it was.

Most of us with 700+ canard hours tend to find newbie canard knowitalls do exactly rhat. And we leave them to their foolishness. :mad2: cya.

We all start some where. Just because this Varieze has a wing on the front doesn't make it a strange item, mechanical theories still apply.
But that was an all together different subject than what was being talked about.
How much common sense does it require to nit pick a post on the internet. ??

Really not that much, the 85 horse pistons will get around 125-130, and a port and polish with bigger exhaust valves will easily get the rest.
and we will have the whole mess balanced.

Today we ordered the Light Speed dual ignition, do away with the mags, save a few pounds there, and the 9/1 compression pistons, next month's budget may get the fuel injection unit for it. that will eliminate the need for carb air. and the associated hoses, valve etc.

following the rules wasn't my issue, some one making a big deal of it was.

Says the man who broke the rule and criticized the man who called him on it.:rolleyes:

and would it be so damn hard to just post "Hey, Tom? How much are you asking for the 0-200?"

$5000 OBO would have complied with the rule but some people are just too stubborn to follow rules. Nitpicking indeed. I hope your sale goes well anyway. Good luck.

$5000 OBO would have complied with the rule but some people are just too stubborn to follow rules. Nitpicking indeed. I hope your sale goes well anyway. Good luck.
i would have taken a whole lot less If I had an offer. I did not consider a price for the engine until I had no offers.

Plus what is wrong with "make an offer" as a price

i would have taken a whole lot less If I had an offer. I did not consider a price for the engine until I had no offers.

It weakens my bargaining position if I have to offer first! ;)

It weakens my bargaining position if I have to offer first! ;)
Had you made an honest offer you'd own it. Now the 5k is a starting point. want to bet I'll come down.

Had you made an honest offer you'd own it. Now the 5k is a starting point. want to bet I'll come down.
If I had a need for an EXP O-320, I'd have made an honest offer in all likelihood... or an offer at all. And based on some precursory searching around, that seems like a fair starting point.

What's wrong with personal attacks? You're an idiot if you don't know.

What's wrong with politics? You're a republitard if you don't know.

What's wrong with vulgarities? F*** if I know.

Why does one need to list a price? I'm not sure.

But they're all rules of conduct here.

Don't like 'em? Don't post. ( not like I always follow them either:) )

Oh, and I'll better Six's offer by fifty cents.

OTOH, it's also a RoC to not comment on the value of a person's for sale item. But if that person doesn't list a price then I guess he hasn't placed a value on it so all speculation as to what it's worth is fair game.

Tom, I honestly don't think that engine is worth more than $10.

Shipped.

:)

I sure do miss the older, kinder, gentler POA ... you damn kids get off my lawn.

I sure do miss the older, kinder, gentler POA ... you damn kids get off my lawn.
I do too, after the fiasco over the 0-200, I think I no longer wish to participate here any longer. you already know how to contact me when you wish. CYA.

What older kinder POA? This thread seems to illustrate that you can get rid of TapaTalk, changes the fonts and colors and add 'easter eggs' and still have the same crap that we had before.

kinder older as in before your time ... :) back when we really were "front porch of aviation" without all all the snark and drama ... at least that's how I remember it. I and yes, I walked to school ... in the snow ... uphill both ways ... with 1 pair of shoes to share between 3 siblings. :D

Back