“You have insufficient privileges to post”

urquhart

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
urquhart
How do I overcome this deficit to post in the classified section? Can’t find the guidelines.

He has not been a very active participant but all his posts look helpful, polite, interesting to me. Member for 8 years. I say let him post an ad in classifieds. Besides, a good Scottish name like that he is welcome!

He has not been a very active participant but all his posts look helpful, polite, interesting to me. Member for 8 years. I say let him post an ad in classifieds. Besides, a good Scottish name like that he is welcome!
See you took time to research stuff before you replied. That’s neat.

The user titles go like this (based on number of posts):
0 Filing Flight Plan
30 Pre-Flight
100 Pre-takeoff checklist
500 Position and Hold
1000 Cleared for Takeoff
1500 Pattern Altitude
2500 En-Route
5000 Final Approach
10000 Touchdown! Greaser!

I suspect he needs to hit 30 posts before he can post there.

See you took time to research stuff

Well, I've been to Urquhart castle in Scotland so I cheated on that. And had a grade school principal of this last name. And I have property on Urquhart Ave now that I think about it!

Well, I've been to Urquhart castle in Scotland so I cheated on that. And had a grade school principal of this last name. And I have property on Urquhart Ave now that I think about it!

I can't even figure out how to sound it out phonetically in my head.

We did implement some changes for classifieds but the holiday rush kept us from making a good announcement. Sorry about that. Long story short, while I await someone with all the details handy to post about them. Basically, the classifieds are for members of the POA community, so we drew an arbitrary line in the sand before you can post a new classified ad.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

So what exactly are the criteria? Duration of membership, # of posts, recency of posts, ??

Not to ruin the holiday of a magical MC member @iamtheari, but what is the arbitrary line in the sand, and how does someone being on the forum for over a year with 10 messages know what the rulez may be from day to day?

The new criterion is 50 posts, to start a thread in Classifieds.

Official announcement is pending.
Sorry for the confusion.
(We had a bit of a "thought it was already done" collective brain fart)

Not to ruin the holiday of a magical MC member @iamtheari, but what is the arbitrary line in the sand, and how does someone being on the forum for over a year with 10 messages know what the rulez may be from day to day?
The full announcement will cover that. I don’t recall the exact rule but it’s based on total post count. And it’s not obscenely high or unreasonable. Just arbitrary. :)

PS The ROC do not prohibit ruining MC members’ holidays. That’s purely on the honor system so far.

Reactions: Ted
The News sub-forum is the best way to stay up to date with any forum changes. Now, as mentioned, we apologize for the confusion, as we thought this update had been announced to the board, but we will post a formal note on it shortly.

The user titles go like this (based on number of posts):
0 Filing Flight Plan
30 Pre-Flight
100 Pre-takeoff checklist
500 Position and Hold
1000 Cleared for Takeoff
1500 Pattern Altitude
2500 En-Route
5000 Final Approach
10000 Touchdown! Greaser!
The new criterion is 50 posts, to start a thread in Classifieds.
Wouldn't it be better if the criterion aligned with one of the user title thresholds?

Wouldn't it be better if the criterion aligned with one of the user title thresholds?
The user titles were set up for fun, and don't necessarily align with user privileges. Didn't think anyone took them that seriously.

The user titles were set up for fun, and don't necessarily align with user privileges. Didn't think anyone took them that seriously.
You mean that the Position and Hold party y’all threw for me was a prank? :(

It is worth noting that this change was made in response to an uptick in scam attempts from new or stale/hacked accounts, and not just to flex. I recall that there was actually a quite old announcement (like a year or two ago) about these requirements, but the implementation was only made recently.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. :D

Might I sugget that there be both # of posts and/or time being a member criteria...

The OP has been around for a while and unlike most of us...post when he has sometime to actually add to the conversation.

Might I sugget that there be both # of posts and/or time being a member criteria...

The OP has been around for a while and unlike most of us...post when he has sometime to actually add to the conversation.

Kelvin, certainly a worthy suggestion. One thing to note is there are a lot of “dormant” accounts out there on this forum. Sometimes they’re just people who are lurking members and decide it’s time to participate, sometimes they’re scammers or spammers (or trolls) who then start causing problems.

It’s worth noting that we get a lot of complaints with the Classifieds. Lots of scammers have posted in there. Usually we zap them before they get too far. Sometimes we don’t, and either way it creates a lot of extra work and is not serving the forum. Of course, Caveat Emptor always applies to the classifieds and we make no guarantees that any ads are correct and valid. But if someone is an active member (which is who this forum is here to support) then that does tend to give more positive indications.

On the site I run, we deactivate out people who don't visit the site (don't care if they post or not). The thresholds on access to certain things like the classifieds are a combination of posts (including one that must be a valid introduction in a special forum), time after registration, and for some things (like voting, our 501(c)(3) is set up as a membership organization), a proper real name and postal address.

Back