Eclipse jet

I sat in one and went through the flight programming sequence. My buddy had one and loved it. I should have ponie'd up the $1k for an hour.

I flew one once and it is a nice little jet with very spotty company history and times of serious parts shortages but seems more stable now. Those who bought one of these things for $500K or so during the dark times got a hell of a 370 KT, FL410 twin jet deal… but the cabin is very small even by my babyjet (Mustang, Phenom 100 and M2) standards.

I have experience in seeing a Eclipse jet once...
Did you have the approved eclipse glasses?
rainbowsymphony_2216_152483831.jpg

One of our neighbors has one. Numerous times I’ve watched them get airborne, or touch down and get to taxi speed, in maybe 1,000 feet. Impressive plane. He loves it, no plans to ever replace it.

You could say that the pilot has an obstructed view of the nose gear.

I've seen that video 3x and each time prior to this thread, my brain registered it as Cirrus Jet. Only now do I realize it's the lovely little EA500.

I may have a bias here to explore. :D

I just flew with my friend in his Eclipse down to Florida from Long Island and have been flying it with him for a decade now. It's an amazing airplane, and the cabin size is small if you want to move around obviously...but leg room and the ability to lay flat is pretty great with 4 seats. That being said, I'm listening to the audio now of the Boise incident...unbelievable. I can see the engine inlets being left in before I can see this happening. Crazy. lol

Eclipse, the investment scam that happened to produce a cute little jet as a side effect.

Does anyone know how many of the jetlings are still flying ? Did they get retrofitted with supportable avionics ?

Last edited:
Didn’t @Abram used to or currently fly one?
Hey, there!

Great memory! I did fly one for about seven years and 1,200 hours. It has its issues, but it is a great little jet and by far the most efficient plane I ever flew!

I plan to attend the owners conference again this year, as well. It is a great group of people all of whom are passionate about their jets!

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

Are these still 800-1500k birds? They look like so much fun! Also, not enough youtubers out there flying them!

A friend got one about nine months ago. We sat in it for about an hour with an APU while he showed me the panel. Very nice aircraft and easy to fly he told me. I haven’t been in the air in it. It works well for him when he has a light load for moderate distances. He had a Citation Encore for larger loads. We went to Edmonton from Texas in the Encore last September for a goose hunt. Great way to travel. He stepped up to a Falcon 2000 about three weeks ago and sold the Citation to my son in law. The Eclipse still serves him for light, short range missions.

I’ve heard others talk about limited parts availability at times my friend hasn't had any issues yet. For planes with limited parts support, the key is to be ahead of the various service procedures. As. They are approaching, locate the parts you might need at that inspection to try to prevent lengthy downtime.

A friend got one about nine months ago. We sat in it for about an hour with an APU while he showed me the panel. Very nice aircraft and easy to fly he told me. I haven’t been in the air in it. It works well for him when he has a light load for moderate distances. He had a Citation Encore for larger loads. We went to Edmonton from Texas in the Encore last September for a goose hunt. Great way to travel. He stepped up to a Falcon 2000 about three weeks ago and sold the Citation to my son in law. The Eclipse still serves him for light, short range missions.

I’ve heard others talk about limited parts availability at times my friend hasn't had any issues yet. For planes with limited parts support, the key is to be ahead of the various service procedures. As. They are approaching, locate the parts you might need at that inspection to try to prevent lengthy downtime.
I’d like to be friends with your friend:)

Back