Toby Keith

Velocity173

Touchdown! Greaser!
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Velocity173
RIP. Never really a fan of country music but I appreciated him coming overseas to entertain us. The CH-47 he’s riding in actually wrecked a couple weeks later with a bunch of SEALs in the back.

62 is too young.

I guess I was around 42 when this song came out? It makes more and more sense as I age.

Fly those planes often and love your loved ones hard.

A great shame—really liked his music. We saw him at a benefit concert a couple of years ago right before he publicly announced he had cancer. I thought he was in recovery but obviously that was not successful. RIP

When to a couple of concerts…always a great show…Should of been a Cowboy is and always will be one of my favorite songs.

When to a couple of concerts…always a great show…Should of been a Cowboy is and always will be one of my favorite songs.
agree. How Do You Like Me Now is another favorite. Heck, they're all good.

As an OU fan, he was a prominent figure on the sidelines. I only met him once at a small OU gig when I was in the drum line. He was kind and personable despite being worth many millions at the time, so he didn't seem to have let the fame and fortune go to his head. He did a lot of charitable stuff with his fortune as well. He was a great representative of Oklahoma and as an American. Definitely one of the good ones.

As an OU fan, he was a prominent figure on the sidelines. I only met him once at a small OU gig when I was in the drum line. He was kind and personable despite being worth many millions at the time, so he didn't seem to have let the fame and fortune go to his head. He did a lot of charitable stuff with his fortune as well. He was a great representative of Oklahoma and as an American. Definitely one of the good ones.
I think he had a Citation in OU livery or at least colors. I saw it once but don’t recall exactly.

I like country music, but I like lots of kinds of music, so country doesn't dominate my listening. But I always like the humor in some of his songs. "Red Solo Cup" and "I Love This Bar" are hilarious. The Prime Country Sirius XM station was playing non-top Toby Keith for a couple of days, and I heard "I Smoked Weed with Willie" for the first time. Cracked me up completely. You gotta love any celebrity that doesn't take himself too seriously, and it seemed he was one of those.

I like country music, but I like lots of kinds of music, so country doesn't dominate my listening. But I always like the humor in some of his songs. "Red Solo Cup" and "I Love This Bar" are hilarious. The Prime Country Sirius XM station was playing non-top Toby Keith for a couple of days, and I heard "I Smoked Weed with Willie" for the first time. Cracked me up completely. You gotta love any celebrity that doesn't take himself too seriously, and it seemed he was one of those.
He's got a funny one called The Taliban Song as well.

Toby was supposedly a fan of Copenhagen Long Cut. A cautionary tale for you dippers out there.

I went to his concert in 2002 in Kosovo. Courtesy of the Red White and Blue was popular at the time and I left for work right after that song. Later on I went to mid-rats and he and his band mates sat down in the table across from me. Here he could be anywhere in the world but he chose to be eating crappy Brown & Root food right here with us.

I went to his concert in 2002 in Kosovo. Courtesy of the Red White and Blue was popular at the time and I left for work right after that song. Later on I went to mid-rats and he and his band mates sat down in the table across from me. Here he could be anywhere in the world but he chose to be eating crappy Brown & Root food right here with us.
Funny, I was there the year before in 2001 and the KBR food was excellent (at least at Camp Able Sentry). I was also there when 9/11 happened, and shortly afterword, got to fly Clint Black and some others on a USO tour in October '01. My deployment experiences went down from there, as did yours I'll bet!

Funny, I was there the year before in 2001 and the KBR food was excellent (at least at Camp Able Sentry). I was also there when 9/11 happened, and shortly afterword, got to fly Clint Black and some others on a USO tour in October '01. My deployment experiences went down from there, as did yours I'll bet!
Yep, when we showed up, 10th Mountain said the food was great when they got there (2001), but it slowly went down hill as their time went on. I noticed the same thing during my time there. It’s almost as if things were scaling down and the quality of food went with that, especially mid-rats. Even stopped offering chocolate chip cookies.

I thought in Iraq and Afghanistan the quality of food was much better when I was there. Pizza bar, taco bar, steak and lobster on Fridays. Didn’t have any of that at Bondsteel. I’ve never been picky about food though. I can take an MRE over waiting in a long line at the chow hall any day. Still eat them at work today.;)

Back