Student pilot who conned his Gf into buying a tripacer- & killing her in subsequent accident-finally arrested.

Having a license or medical wouldn’t have prevented this particular accident. It’s what everyone wants to focus on but leaving a fuel cap loose or running out of fuel has happened to many other pilots. Guy sounds like a bit of a scum bag with an anti authority attitude but that’s not what killed his girlfriend.

Having a license or medical wouldn’t have prevented this particular accident. It’s what everyone wants to focus on but leaving a fuel cap loose or running out of fuel has happened to many other pilots. Guy sounds like a bit of a scum bag with an anti authority attitude but that’s not what killed his girlfriend.
Did he file a flight plan?

'Cause the runway model from the local news who can't pronounce multi-syllable words always points out that "the pilot did not file a flight plan."

Having a license or medical wouldn’t have prevented this particular accident.
Cannot be determined from the facts as known. Maybe completing his training would have reduced the chances of him making this mistake, by repeatedly impressing on him the importance of preflight inspection. Maybe getting a check ride would have identified sloppy procedures or personal attitudes needing correction. Maybe the medical exam would have identified mitigation measures that would have prevented him from experiencing reduced mental altertness and focus while flying.

System requirements for licensing and training exist to lower the incidence of accidents and fatalities. Bypassing those requirements cannot help but increase the odds of an accident.

with an anti authority attitude but that’s not what killed his girlfriend.

Anti authority attitudes kill many people, including pilots ... just not directly.

All that said, I think charging him with manslaughter could be overreach. I guess the logic would be that his operating an aircraft without proper training was negligence, and said negligence contributed to her death.

Last edited:
Anti authority attitudes kill many people, including pilots ... just not directly.

All that said, I think charging him with manslaughter could be overreach. I guess the logic would be that his operating an aircraft without proper training was negligence, and said negligence contributed to her death.
Maybe it could be charged as criminally negligent homicide.

Maybe it could be charged as criminally negligent homicide.

Probably this:

Constructive manslaughter is also referred to as "unlawful act" manslaughter. It is based on the doctrine of constructive malice, whereby the malicious intent inherent in the commission of a crime is considered to apply to the consequences of that crime. It occurs when someone kills, without intent, in the course of committing an unlawful act. The malice involved in the crime is transferred to the killing, resulting in a charge of manslaughter.

He broke the law by flying without a license. She was killed in the course of that unlawful act.

A wife or a airplane? :biggrin:
Sugar momma that'll buy me an airplane. Have a plane...but I could use a nicer one. Apparently @ahmad shouldn't have gotten married since this dude didnt

Last edited:
I've been very blessed to have both and the rule does apply ... cheaper to keeper

In my mind, there is no doubt that the pilot is guilty and a scumbag, but my question is? Where did the "conned" gf into buying tri-pacer come from. All I was able to read is that she bought it. Am I missing something? GFs have bought me nice things that I didn't ask for.

In my mind, there is no doubt that the pilot is guilty and a scumbag, but my question is? Where did the "conned" gf into buying tri-pacer come from. All I was able to read is that she bought it. Am I missing something? GFs have bought me nice things that I didn't ask for.
The only potential "con" that I can think of would be if the boyfriend told her he was certified and very much wasn't.

Conned was my feeling based on what the dead gf’s sister (Hannah Morgan) related. Anderson lied to that sister when she asked if he was “licensed” to fly, and the decedent replied that he was licensed as well.
So unless the dead passenger knowingly lied to her sister, she purchased the airplane believing he was a certificated pilot.

So after quickly reading the linked article I take it this was supposed to be a murder/suicide.??

So after quickly reading the linked article I take it this was supposed to be a murder/suicide.??
Not how I read it. The unrated pilot told folks, and presumably the gf, he was licensed, when in reality he had some unknown amount of flight training beginning in 2014. Despite no ticket (and pretty egregious misrepresentations on his medical then) he flew regularly with passengers. On the fatal flight he lost power, likely due to fuel exhaustion because he neglected to close the wing fuel caps.

Last edited:
The aircraft wasn’t registered to anyone. N92270 is the tail number mentioned in the Kathryn’s report, so I checked faa.gov where it’s listed as deregistered. Maybe when the girlfriend bought the plane, she didn’t do any paperwork.

The aircraft wasn’t registered to anyone. N92270 is the tail number mentioned in the Kathryn’s report, so I checked faa.gov where it’s listed as deregistered. Maybe when the girlfriend bought the plane, she didn’t do any paperwork.
The last alphanumeric is D as in delta and not 0 as in zero.

IMG_8381.jpeg

So, the plane wasn't registered, the pilot wasn't certified, and the gas caps were left off. At least it's a complete pattern.

The girl is gone. The plane is gone. He's fine. All sad. I feel bad for the families.

So, the plane wasn't registered, the pilot wasn't certified, and the gas caps were left off. At least it's a complete pattern...
More like a pattern that abruptly ended on the turn to base...

The scumbag ”pilot” with the goofy beard is obviously a con artist and a liar. Show him the inside of a jail for a long time before he con’s someone else to their death.

Back