things that don't exist, but should

Motion activated cheese dispenser, similar to the motion activated paper towel dispensers. Yes, that would require making cheese in rolls. :D

Motion activated cheese dispenser, similar to the motion activated paper towel dispensers. Yes, that would require making cheese in rolls. :D
Not necessarily; it could dispense aerosol cheese, like a soap dispenser.
two posts in and this thread is already pretty cheesy.
It's not easy being cheesy.

A radio call that will immediately cause anyone in the pattern to give you an airport advisory...

The ability to dial a license plate by phone and converse with the car's driver.

functional government services

a text-to-speech implementation on ipad that monitors radio frequencies, displays them as a text chat log history, and ideally, offers buttons I can simply tap to send any number of common and correct replies for me

A cheap device that anyone can own, that tells you what car error message is making the “check engine” light come on.

From the "Joke Day" thread:

upload_2023-6-6_11-24-42-png.117812

Last edited:
A cheap device that anyone can own, that tells you what car error message is making the “check engine” light come on.

These days even the cheapest most basic car has a computer screen or three on the dash, you'd think we could get past error codes and get plain language messages. Its almost like the manufacturers don't want people to know what's wrong with their car...:dunno:

Cup holders in small airplanes?
I've flown a 150 (ancient), a couple of 172's from different decades, and a Vans RV-12 (new) and none of them have cup holders. One of my fears is that my water bottle will slip and get lodged under the rudder pedals. What's the deal?

I've flown a 150 (ancient), a couple of 172's from different decades, and a Vans RV-12 (new) and none of them have cup holders. One of my fears is that my water bottle will slip and get lodged under the rudder pedals. What's the deal?
The newer RV-12is does have one, I think.

Well the deal is that you don't need a water bottle. What do you think they did in the 1950s before the invention of cups and bottles? There's a reason those small airplanes don't have what your looking for, it's not necessary.

Well the deal is that you don't need a water bottle. What do you think they did in the 1950s before the invention of cups and bottles? There's a reason those small airplanes don't have what your looking for, it's not necessary.

:) But they did mostly all have ashtrays. Because in the 50's, pretty much everyone over age 14 was smoking constantly. But we weren't addicted to soda then.

Sorry, but these do exist. Restart Cessnas have cup holders. They sit on the floor and look like this:
IMG_7729-768x1024.jpeg

I still get motion sick on occasion. I'm not quite ready to give up having cold water handy.

- A super thin, plastic wrap-like material that would safely adhere to the leading edge of the wings/elevator without impacting the flight characteristics. Then I could peel that off and replace it after every flight rather than spending 37487394 minutes cleaning dead bugs off, just to do it again on the next flight...
- Improved windshield or wiper design that renders current wipers obsolete or unnecessary (as it appears we're still using the same fundamental design that's existed since the early 1900s). IDK if there's some lobby group out there that keeps these in place, but seems like we've gotta have a better way.
- An affordable, non-scam, CubeSat launch provider
- Better earthquake detection technology. I mean.. FFS.. It's 2023 and this is the best we got -----v

upload_2023-6-7_2-20-54.png

Last edited:
A second planet that is inhabitable, just like earth.

Back