Where to buy good quality Aviators Hat?

mandm

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
I see plenty of Aviators Hat in the $25-35 range on Amazon but some of the comments point out that the quality is not great. Any idea where to buy a good quality aviators hat with goggles?

Like a leather helmet?

When I wear that, I wear an in-ear headset under the hat instead of my Lightspeed.
Oh, right! I had one lesson from a different CFI that I noticed was wearing something like that. Are those good for noise cancelling?

As a bald dude who has to start wearing winter hats in the fall, I'll need to figure out my cold weather head attire sometime soon :cool:

Oh, right! I had one lesson from a different CFI that I noticed was wearing something like that. Are those good for noise cancelling?
They generally are. Since mine are a backup, I have the cheap UFQ L2 which also has ANR. Extremely quiet. But I've also tried the fully passive Clarity Aloft and it is amazingly quiet - it uses a special elongated Comply eartip. Actually quieter than my Lightspeed. The Halo uses the same eartips audiologists use for hearing tests, so very noise isolating. I would expect similar performance from most.

I think the key with in-ear headsets is basically the same as any headset – fit and feel. The eartips need to fit your ear canal - go in deep enough to seal and be comfortable. That's actually the downside of my UFQ (along with iffy customer service if you need it) - the ear pieces are shaped in a way that they don't get into my ear canal as well as I'd like. I had to experiment with different eartips to get one which did the job acceptably, but the add-on ANR makes up for it.

What exactly is an "aviators hat"???
A bucket hat.
The best form of birth control ever invented.
Glider-pilot-still-uses-skills-he-learned-in-Nazi-Germany.jpg

I just find an airshow pilot who is up flying his Stearman and borrow his!
45470213-20EC-4CEC-A557-053ED1A3A5CC.jpeg

I see plenty of Aviators Hat in the $25-35 range on Amazon but some of the comments point out that the quality is not great. Any idea where to buy a good quality aviators hat with goggles?
I think mine came from Sporty’s, but it’s been almost 40 years, so I can’t remember for sure.

and try “helmet” instead of “hat”. ;)

Back