New Pilot - based at KBUY

Julian Doby

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Julian Doby
Hi folks,

I've been lurking awhile and finally got my checkride done. Starting instrument this week and excited to be a part of the club. I practice law in Alamance County, North Carolina and have a Cherokee 140/160 based at KBUY. Debating on upgrading my panel for the instrument training. I'll be on here quite a bit with some questions and comments I'm sure.

Julian DOby

Hi Julian. Congratulations on the checkride. Who was it with? I'm in Chatham County. Mostly fly and teach out if TTA. 95% retired from practicing law.

Hi folks,

I've been lurking awhile and finally got my checkride done. Starting instrument this week and excited to be a part of the club. I practice law in Alamance County, North Carolina and have a Cherokee 140/160 based at KBUY. Debating on upgrading my panel for the instrument training. I'll be on here quite a bit with some questions and comments I'm sure.

Julian DOby
Welcome. What’s in your panel now?

Welcome. I did my private check ride at Burlington with Zenda about 10 years ago. It’s a great airport to fly out of.

Hi folks,

Julian DOby
Hi, welcome to POA, I rent and fly out of Wilmington. That is close enough for a day trip for you. No burgers on the field, there is a breakfast/sandwich place that is walking distance for your $200 food options: http://www.scratchon23rd.com/

Inop Terra TXN 960, Appollo Loran , King KY 97A, Old Transponder with ADSB out - tail beacon

Have a pic of your panel? I guess Loran system has been shut down. What is your budget?

Back