SE $100 Hamburger - Saturday, Jan 8th

wayne

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
wayne
Anyone up for a lunch meet-up? This coming Saturday, January 8th. Current forecast is nice; who knows how long that forecast will last.

I was going to do an Angel Flight mission, but it canceled.

GMU - Runway Cafe, or somewhere else. I'm open.

Tag worked for me. I'll keep an eye on the WX.

It’s a maybe for me, I’ll keep you posted!

The tagging will work now, I increased the parameters to allow for more people. It was only set on like 10 before, which explains why a lot of people never got the notification.

I got tagged.

I go on call for work starting Friday for a week so I'm a maybe at best. chances get better for me the closer to JQF it is. I'd throw HKY out there as a suggestion (mostly cause it's close for me). it's a small place but if we were gonna get a bunch of people (yeah right) I'd call them and give them a heads up.

Tag worked, questionable for this weekend, chasing some final maintenance items.

No dice. I'm good, but all the airplanes will be out of town.

SE... GMU, JQF, HKY...

Why do so many posters do this... is it a treasure hunt to look up the identifiers to see where you're talking about? It really wouldn't be too difficult to put maybe a city or airport name or perhaps even a state when discussing locations.

Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating to read posts that assume everyone knows every airport identifier across the country.

-.-- . .--. ....... .. ....... ..-. . . .-.. ....... -.-- --- ..- .-. ....... .--. .- .. -. ....... - .... .- - ....... .- -. -.. ....... -- .- -. -.-- ....... --- ..-. ....... - .... . ....... --- - .... . .-. ....... .- -.-. .-. --- -. -.-- -- ... .......

Got tagged, unfortunately AETC wants to fly so I have to work.

Watching the weather with a juandiced eye...

Tagging worked, Saturday might not though. Let me see.

SE... GMU, JQF, HKY...

Why do so many posters do this... is it a treasure hunt to look up the identifiers to see where you're talking about? It really wouldn't be too difficult to put maybe a city or airport name or perhaps even a state when discussing locations.

Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating to read posts that assume everyone knows every airport identifier across the country.

We don't expect everyone to know every airport identifier, but these are the spots we go to often for a $100 Hamburger, so people in the area know them. I would not expect someone from outside the area to know them. I wouldn't expect someone in Texas to know any of them as Texas isn't in the southeast; Houston is over 700 nm from the closest of those three, which is a bit far for lunch. Since this is a thread for a $100 Hamburger flight in the southeast (SE) I and others figure people most interested would know them. Now, people like WannFly who moved to the Atlanta area just last year might not know them as well, if at all.

GMU - Greenville Downtown (Greenville, SC) - Runway Cafe is there on the airport
HKY - Hickory, NC - Crosswind Cafe is there on the airport
JQF - Concord, NC - nothing on the airport, but there are nearby restaurants. The Charlotte Motor Speedway (NASCAR track) is very nearby.

-.-- . .--. ....... .. ....... ..-. . . .-.. ....... -.-- --- ..- .-. ....... .--. .- .. -. ....... - .... .- - ....... .- -. -.. ....... -- .- -. -.-- ....... --- ..-. ....... - .... . ....... --- - .... . .-. ....... .- -.-. .-. --- -. -.-- -- ... .......

just to clarify, it is an idiom, not an acronym.

SE... GMU, JQF, HKY...

RDUPilot inserts Disk into Commodore 64...

LOAD "RANT" ,8,1 <ENTER>

RANT BEGINS...
Its just as difficult/easy to lookup the three letter identifiers <insert your favorite EFB software, website or paper chart> than to post a reply complaining about it. I mean we are all pilots, look the three letters up. If its within your range, come out enjoy a burger see/meet some folks.... If not, wait to the next $100 hamburger post... Its not like you were given something in pig latin...
RANT ENDS

EXIT

Last edited:
RDUPilot inserts Disk in Commodore 64...

LOAD "RANT" ,8,1 <ENTER>

RANT BEGINS...
Its just as difficult/easy to lookup the three letter identifiers <insert your favorite EFB software, website or paper chart> than to post a reply complaining about it. I mean we are all pilots, look the three letters up. If its within your range, come out enjoy a burger see/meet some folks.... If not, wait to the next $100 hamburger post... Its not like you were given something in pig latin...
RANT ENDS

EXIT
Wait!!! Are you trying to say typing airnav hky in a search box is easy????!!!

Would love to, but going to be on a a321 flying back from out west Saturday.

Got youth basketball for the next several weekends.

The weather forecast is looking pretty good. I'm watching this thread as I might be able to join you guys.

D'oh. I wasn't tagged since I'm way up there at HEF... sorry.... Manassas Regional Airport/Harry P. Davis Field... can't make it anyway, but one day I'll make it down to GMU... er Greenville Downtown Airport.

I'm up for it. Let me know tomorrow the time and place. I'm at the Long Island Airport and Yacht Club (NC26) but I probably have to hop over somewhere and get fuel on the way.

I'm up for it. Let me know tomorrow the time and place. I'm at the Long Island Airport and Yacht Club (NC26) but I probably have to hop over somewhere and get fuel on the way.

Do you have a yacht?

I've got a 24' wooden runabout and Margy has a pontoon boat. The "Yacht' thing was a delusion of the developer.

Of the developer or of you? I don’t see any reference to nc26 being a yacht club.

4aa4f500131664192028a102a722fccc.jpg

fbca3c3739dbf1dbc1c5503b2df0ce98.jpg

Ok, checking in with everyone. Who's still in?

Is GMU - Greenville Downtown - Runway Cafe good? There's a large round table in the back corner that should work.

What time? 11:30 am, noon, 12:30 pm? What works?

I'm flying Cirrus N551SR.

I just saw this thread :-0. IF my Cardinal wasn't in annual right now I'd try to get out to meet some of y'all. Last time I ate at the Runway Cafe @ GMU it was actually pretty good.

60% in at this point, haven't checked on weather yet this morning.

SE... GMU, JQF, HKY...

Just like words that are unfamiliar, I view it as an opportunity to learn.

Back