Would this get your ATP revoked???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, ATP. Also an A&P/IA. Medical is dated last March as well and he's 58, so he's expired there.

Type Ratings:

A/ATR-42 A/ATR-72 A/EMB-145 A/SF-340

The parts I found entertaining…

As Salinas, a former college football lineman, and Lacayo subdued the man, the bailiff retrieved the stun gun Catarineau had knocked from her hand and shot the man, giving all three men a jolt, Salinas said.
Catarineau had worked as a pilot for Envoy Air until he was fired in 2017 for "erratic behavior," according to court records. He proclaimed himself a "sovereign citizen" who did not have to pay federal income tax. The sovereign citizen movement has an extremist following that believes itself exempt from most federal and state laws and has been linked to violence.

Something tells me his ATP was nothing more than a decoration since 2017 anyway.

These sovereign citizen guys crack me up. Their beliefs are lies, based upon fabrications, which are based upon falsehoods. Yet they believe them wholeheartedly, to the point that something like this happens.

Just wondering... As a "sovereign citizen" won't he have to join ICAO in order to have the US (and FAA) recognize his credentials?
What credentials does a sovereign citizen have? (I guess he wouldn’t be able to provide an ID to get an FAA certificate.)

These sovereign citizen guys crack me up. Their beliefs are lies, based upon fabrications, which are based upon falsehoods. Yet they believe them wholeheartedly, to the point that something like this happens.

There seems to be more and more such groups popping up these days and coming out of the woodwork and into the open. And while their ignorant beliefs can crack one up, the resulting behavior and the damage it can cause is gravely concerning.

There seems to be more and more such groups popping up these days and coming out of the woodwork and into the open. And while their ignorant beliefs can crack one up, the resulting behavior and the damage it can cause is gravely concerning.

You can thank the internet, social media, and worldwide news circuits for that. Now all the crazy old guys or the kids with nutty ideas can join up with other crazy old guys or kids with nutty ideas and the news will tell you all about it!

So far the only damage I've seen has been to the sovereign citizens themselves.

It's likely due, in part, to the fact that too many people want to be "respectful" of others' political beliefs, even if they're just bat**** insane. If more people wouldn't be afraid to tell people like sovereign citizens that they're, in fact, bat**** insane, maybe the movement would go back underground.

Exactly zero of them will renunciate their US citizenship, for some unknown reason.

It's likely due, in part, to the fact that too many people want to be "respectful" of others' political beliefs, even if they're just bat**** insane. If more people wouldn't be afraid to tell people like sovereign citizens that they're, in fact, bat**** insane, maybe the movement would go back underground.
As with Flat Earthers and Scientologists, there are actually few of them; they are just loud.

So far the only damage I've seen has been to the sovereign citizens themselves.
But some of the other nutso fringe groups do cause harm. One needs to look no farther than the proud boys, oath keepers, eco terrorists, militia groups, and other extremist groups and the harm they have caused to see the danger.

But some of the other nutso fringe groups do cause harm. One needs to look no farther than the proud boys, oath keepers, eco terrorists, militia groups, and other extremist groups and the harm they have caused to see the danger.
I see you chose to leave out modern antifa and all the mafia and narco groups, but singled out mostly right-wing groups, with the exception of the eco terrorists.
The difference is that most of the sovereign types - and I know a few personally - generally just want to be left alone. Most of them, if left alone, wouldn't cause anyone any harm. Not defending some of the stuff they do, but they generally don't want to cause harm to others. Also, militia isn't a dirty word, it's part of our heritage... and even in the Bill of Rights.

You only need to look at the guy who crashed my airplane…an FAA employee and ATP who was on the run with warrants and a kidnapped child…financing it with his government credit card and missing from work for five weeks…still credentialed till he died taking his six year old with him…FAA might just give him a job when he works all this out…also in Texas…wonder if that position is open at the Houston FSDO

Last edited:

A long time ago, I dated a psychological counselor. A Jr. Shrink, if you will. Some of the things she dealt with were so incredibly weird. I asked her if her profession believed in "Reality Therapy", which (in my view) pretty much relied on telling some of these folks to suck it up, get a grip on reality, and move forward. Apparently, they don't do that...

But sovereign citizens <> the groups you mentioned. Apples and oranges.

You only need to look at the guy who crashed my airplane…an FAA employee and ATP who was on the run with warrants and a kidnapped child…financing it with his government credit card and missing from work for five weeks…still credentialed till he died taking his six year old with him…FAA might just give him a job when he works all this out…also in Texas…wonder if that position is open at the Houston FSDO
If he died, how will he work it out and how would the FAA give him a job?

Like they say, it isn't getting more crazy, it's just getting more obvious.

Lol, one of those links, the one fighting “hate” said sovereign citizens are a right leaning group, buuut mentioned some nonsense about the KKK, which was a democrat group, later mentioned the site said there are whole groups of sovereign citizens who are…black, reminds me of they Chappell skit where hes the blind leader of the KKK and didn’t know he was actually black. Those site are funny.

From what I have seen of the sovereign citizens they really just want to be left alone, but unlike many groups, they for sure seem to be willing to throw down if you try to man handle them, which I get.

With the way the government is growing in size and pervasiveness every year, it’s natural for people, especially in a country born of rebellion and with the bill of rights that we have, to push back.

I’m not a sovereign citizen, and I’m also not one who blindly followed the state and feels it should force its will on others, if they are not directly and currently hurting anyone.

That said, from what I read the judge felt “disrespected” so he tried to put that man in a cage, sound like a ego problem, the only people I see who use violence to force respect, are the ones least deserving of respect, that being said his reaction was a little much, but all in I don’t feel bad for anyone involved in that tussle.

All three of those links contain outright lies about what people I know believe. Don't believe me, look up what they say about themselves and read for yourself.

... "was" being the operative word there. I think it's safe to say that the party affiliation of today's KKK members would be otherwise.
I think you might be surprised. Despite media portrayals, the people I know that lean the way you suggest politically also are the ones more likely to agree with the part in the Bible that says that all men are of one blood... kinda hard to reconcile that and be a KKK person. If they ARE doing KKK type stuff, they are flat out hypocrites and don't belong. I know it's fasionable these days to lump fascists, Nazis, racists and "conservative" Christians in the same camp, but that's not fair or accurate at all.

Last edited:
The BBC and ADL for "actual truth"? Now that's funny right there!
Yep.

The truth is that Google HEAVILY suppresses the search results these days (moreso than 10 years ago) but there are still websites out there with very interesting documents. We may choose different ways to deal with modern society, but some of the SC guys aren't crazy, and they have real sources to go back to.

Search for "A Treatise on American Citizenship by John S. Wise" (It's on Google Books) for a very fascinating read that DOES cause you to question the current situation(s).

Yes. Google may be evil, but they're not dummies. They're boosting results for those that pay for it, and they're suppressing things, in my view, to reduce the likelihood of them being swept up in any lawsuits around promoting extremism, violence, whatever. My bet is that to avoid seeming to promote it, they have to actively suppress a lot of it. Meanwhile, whatever is being called mainstream media these days is just exploiting promoting violence to sell advertising, and they feel safe doing so because they've historically been well protected because we've apparently decided that corporations have individual rights protected by the first amendment.

A long time ago it was agreed that yelling "fire" in a crowded theater wasn't protected. If as a society we ever figure out that entertainment passing itself off as news is driving nuts over the edge to commit violence, the lawsuits would be entertaining. Why anyone believes that either CNN or Fox has any "rights" is beyond me. Best case, their only driver is profit. Worse case, they're each outside funded to try to destroy the country. Just my 2 cents. Too political? Sorry. I'm old and sometimes can't see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back