I was kicked out

Henry Moore

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Luvcast67
I was kicked out of the military for failing a drug test 8 years ago when I was 19 what are my chances at becoming a pilot. I need help!

What discharge type on your DD214?

The FAA medical questions are worded like "have you ever in your life..." or something like that w/r to drugs, alcohol and other medical topics. So unless someone comes along here with a loophole you will need to disclose and with an official service documented incident and punishment you don't want to lie.

If you just want to fly (for fun) seek what is called a Light Sport. It doesn't require the faa medical that will trip you up.

Sucks man. Don't spend any money or go for a faa medical until others have chimed in.

It was General under honorable conditions
Sounds like a kinder military then. I had two friends fail drug screening in the Navy. Both received Other Than Honorable. Had to repay all their clothing allowances and no final pay to return home. That was after some time in the brig, and 60 days of special duty.

What you need is a consult with a AME that specializes in these cases. Perhaps @bbchien will chime tomorrow with a quick line or two on where you are at and what you should do next. Listen carefully and exactly to what he and others say here before proceeding

I was kicked out of the military for failing a drug test 8 years ago when I was 19 what are my chances at becoming a pilot. I need help!

might I ask, what are the chances the world will be better with you as a pilot?

Are you still battling drug problems?
Any DUIs on top of this?
Alcohol issues?
Mental health?

are you wanting personal fun/hobby/travel, or are you shooting for the airlines?

might I ask, what are the chances the world will be better with you as a pilot?

Are you still battling drug problems?
Any DUIs on top of this?
Alcohol issues?
Mental health?

are you wanting personal fun/hobby/travel, or are you shooting for the airlines?

World improvement is requirement for a pilots certificate?

I don’t have any of that stuff and I haven’t touched drugs since I was a 19 year old kid stationed next to a college with beautiful girls and bad influences

You’ll probably be fine but might have to jump through some hoops. Follow Brad’s advice and do nothing until you consult with an experienced AME such as Dr. Chien. I’m sorry your military career got ruined. Stay away from beautiful girls, we’re nothing but trouble. :D

I don’t have any of that stuff and I haven’t touched drugs since I was a 19 year old kid stationed next to a college with beautiful girls and bad influences

Drugs or beautiful girls?

514698D6-28BA-4EB4-84F3-F29AC3218505.jpeg

My wife of 50 years would argue with that:cool:

Cheers

Awesome. We are on our 37th. My husband says I’m the unicorn in the hot crazy matrix. I don’t know about that but him saying sweet things like that is one reason we’re still happily married.

Awesome. We are on our 37th. My husband says I’m the unicorn in the hot crazy matrix. I don’t know about that but him saying sweet things like that is one reason we’re still happily married.

Congrats! We’re celebrating 36 next week. Not sure who’s the unicorn and who’s the hot crazy in our matrix??? :)

Too many would take that comment as an insult and not recognize it for the true compliment it is. That requires unicorn status.

We are somewhere up there...32 years I think.

43 yrs of ups and downs but we managed to hold on!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back