which weekend

• 4/23-25

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 4/30 - 5/2

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tell me more about this bbq.... where?

Alright I am getting pretty excited about this.
The thing that we shall not speak of is cooperating.

I am taking a half day off work so I should be there by 3:30 PM with meat and beer Friday.

Alright I am getting pretty excited about this.
The thing that we shall not speak of is cooperating.

I am taking a half day off work so I should be there by 3:30 PM with meat and beer Friday.

It'll take me some time to get there so I don't want to bring anything that needs to stay cold, but I'll bring plates, cups and utensils. Is any of the meat stuff we'll want condiments for? Ketchup or mustard? I can get that sort of thing too if needed.

Of course I'll be bringing beer and maybe a bottle of whisky from one of our local joints.

It'll take me some time to get there so I don't want to bring anything that needs to stay cold, but I'll bring plates, cups and utensils. Is any of the meat stuff we'll want condiments for? Ketchup or mustard? I can get that sort of thing too if needed.

Of course I'll be bringing beer and maybe a bottle of whisky from one of our local joints.

got u down for plates cups utensils. if u don't mind grabbing kethup/mustard too that would be great. thanks yoh.

Im just gonna freeload this ish.

What we got so far?
What we need?
I aint bringing no cole slaw

Im just gonna freeload this ish.

What we got so far?
What we need?
I aint bringing no cole slaw

what I got so far..............

kayoh - plates cups utensils kethup/mustard

6pc - ?meat?

How many people we got for Friday? I can grab a couple of tubs of potato salad.

I'll make sure we have napkins, and I'll bring some relish and BBQ sauce as well. Looking at the signup list maybe 14-15 folks or so for Friday?

what I got so far..............

kayoh - plates cups utensils kethup/mustard

6pc - ?meat?

I will bring a random assortment of brats, burgers, and other meat based products.
Someone knows how to cook right?

I will bring an assortment of Texas craft beers (AKA the only thing they sell in Texas anymore is IPAs). I love them but it has gotten out of hand.

Saturday I will bring beer that you can’t get anywhere, cheese curds and some other random sides like chips and dips.

Someone should bring charcoal, and chimney or starter juice, or it’s going to be steak tartare night on Friday.

Someone should bring charcoal, and chimney or starter juice, or it’s going to be steak tartare night on Friday.

I have a chimney starter but I feel like this is an item I could easily forget.
I am bringing some chicken breasts too so if I forget the chimney, we can try something I have been working on called chushi. Its sushi but poultry based. Probably a really good idea.

They're calling for rain wed & Thursday, so I probably won't be in the field next weekend. Can I just show up to this thing? Or did I have to have reservations some months ago? I have a tent, but my wife won't be crazy about that idea. Come to think of it i could just take the back seats out and sleep in the plane.

Long range forecast is T-Storms between me and there. So I’ll decide later to fly or drive and thus payload decision is on hold.

Cheers

Ok I just stumbled into this and that's definitely within range from here. Next year I'm in. Hopefully newbie hazing doesn't involve the blowup doll.

They're calling for rain wed & Thursday, so I probably won't be in the field next weekend. Can I just show up to this thing? Or did I have to have reservations some months ago? I have a tent, but my wife won't be crazy about that idea. Come to think of it i could just take the back seats out and sleep in the plane.

why don't u just book a room or cabin? then you're guaranteed some shtoopy time.

Ok I just stumbled into this and that's definitely within range from here. Next year I'm in. Hopefully newbie hazing doesn't involve the blowup doll.
Nah, newbie hazing involves the airport beacon. Inflatables are for the old timers.

why don't u just book a room or cabin? then you're guaranteed some shtoopy time.
The website shows nothing available, but I haven't called yet. Still working on pawning off kids.

Sleeping in the plane might be a good idea. Last time just the two of us stayed in a hotel room, we came home with #5.

Been busy and slow to respond. My original rental has a pitot static issue but was able to confirm a replacement rental.

As such I’m in for the weekend. Arriving sometime Friday, leaving Sunday. I called to verify but I’ll be sleeping on the ground outside. I’m happy to bring anything. I’m planning on bringing some home brew if that is something you’ll fancy.

Well, the Archer is still in the shop for eddy current and the word yesterday was that the replacement bolts from Piper haven’t shipped yet. What was supposed to be 3 days in and out, is now going on a week. My confidence of making it up on Saturday is getting slimmer by the day. :(

I canceled my reservation yesterday, so there's at least one room available. :(

Sorry to miss the chance to meet @EdFred and @eman1200, but I'm not going that far before I confirm my fuel tank gremlins are done with me.
(Waiting on parts from Vans to rebuild the caps)

I canceled my reservation yesterday, so there's at least one room available. :(

Sorry to miss the chance to meet @EdFred and @eman1200,...

you aren't missing much. I'm speaking for myself, of course. I 'could' speak for ed, but I won't. sorry you're gonna miss the shenanigans.

Alright; childcare arranged. I called and got a room for Friday night, and told her to call me if anything opened for Saturday night. I can cancel the room tomorrow if somebody has a cabin they want to split. Otherwise we'll just bring our camping gear.

Looking forward to meeting some of you characters. The Mrs i believe is going to make some pies for the cookout unless there's something more important i can bring. Camp chairs, beer..... what else do we need?

Alright; childcare arranged. I called and got a room for Friday night, and told her to call me if anything opened for Saturday night. I can cancel the room tomorrow if somebody has a cabin they want to split. Otherwise we'll just bring our camping gear.

Looking forward to meeting some of you characters. The Mrs i believe is going to make some pies for the cookout unless there's something more important i can bring. Camp chairs, beer..... what else do we need?

how does a bag of charcoal sound? wait, u fly a lance, how about 48 bags of charcoal? maybe a burger flipper spatula thingy and hot dog flipper thingy if u got those lying around? I don't recall if the cabins have those or not.

how does a bag of charcoal sound? wait, u fly a lance, how about 48 bags of charcoal? maybe a burger flipper spatula thingy and hot dog flipper thingy if u got those lying around? I don't recall if the cabins have those or not.
I can do that

Been busy and slow to respond. My original rental has a pitot static issue but was able to confirm a replacement rental.

As such I’m in for the weekend. Arriving sometime Friday, leaving Sunday. I called to verify but I’ll be sleeping on the ground outside. I’m happy to bring anything. I’m planning on bringing some home brew if that is something you’ll fancy.
Yass, bring some homebrew.

Back