A parting gift for the contestant....

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
My official last day with Lockheed before retirement will be next Thursday. Today my company farewell gift arrived. Once upon a time we presented these things at a party, but of course thanks to COVID they now just arrive in the mail. C'est la guerre.

Not practical for flying, of course, but a nice piece of jewelry and I think I'm going to enjoy it.

upload_2021-1-20_18-11-46.png

Congratulations! My Father and both of my Grandfathers retired from Lockheed GA. I don't remember them receiving a gift, but it has been a while...

I'm not a watch guy, but...um...what watch (brand and model) is that? A Citizen ???

Congratulations! My Father and both of my Grandfathers retired from Lockheed GA. I don't remember them receiving a gift, but it has been a while...

I'm not a watch guy, but...um...what watch (brand and model) is that? A Citizen ???

Timex? LOL!

Just kidding of course ... appears to be a quite nice gift. Congrats on retirement. I'm looking that way myself at the end of the year.

I have a couple of Citizen Ecodrive watches. They are great watches.

Congratulations!

14 more months for me.

My official last day with Lockheed before retirement will be next Thursday. Today my company farewell gift arrived. Once upon a time we presented these things at a party, but of course thanks to COVID they now just arrive in the mail. C'est la guerre.
A big Congrats to you!
Nice! Congrats again on the retirement, you lucky dog!
Your time is coming, my friend!

Reactions: YKA
Very nice. I got a cheap battery-operated quartz movement made-in-China plastic desk clock. Retiring from that gig was one of the best things I've ever done. Beautiful watch... many years of enjoyment to you!

You mean supplies like a laser printer, a desk chair, a filing cabinet or two,...?

yyyyyup. I was actually thinking a stapler. maybe printer paper. but yeah, laser printer is good too.

Congratulations, and enjoy whatever/everything that is coming next!

Congrats

and, if it makes you feel any better, a company I worked at (which I shall not name) did the parting gift thing by mail looooong before covid.

and, I couldn't help but think of this jpeg from a looooong time ago (no pun)

Attachments

• watcg.jpg
    watcg.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 61
I know I said this to you in person when I picked up the RX-7, but congratulations on retirement! A very nice parting gift.

You mean supplies like a laser printer, a desk chair, a filing cabinet or two,...?

Don’t forget: Swingliner Stapler!

upload_2021-1-20_18-47-57.jpeg

Congrats. Lockheed appears to be a way classier group than Textron.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. When I joined the company in 1984 we were Martin Marietta. MM used to give Tudor watches. The service anniversary and retirement gifts declined a bit when we merged to become Lockheed Martin, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case throughout the industry.

I only made it a year at Martin. Textron fired me a few years from retirement over the phone while I was on travel. The biggest piece of recognition I got was a block of plastic we used to beat boards into backplanes with.

Nice.!!!

A person always needs a VFR chart of Florida and a pencil....:lol::lol:

Actually, congratulations on lasting long enough with one company to get to retire.

Not practical for flying, of course, but a nice piece of jewelry and I think I'm going to enjoy it.

View attachment 93382

Congrats on your upcoming retirement.
If you become like most retirees I know, get ready to be way busier and working harder than you ever did when employed. :eek: :D

Question to everyone...why do they wait until your eyes aren't good enough to read the little numbers on the bezel before they award the watch to you? o_O :confused:
Just askin' :)

Would that include a company automobile? LOL

You work for Lockheed. Think big. Like a Skunkworks prototype, or something. Better than a stapler. ;)

Congrats on making it out of here. I’ll have to pull up the company wide retirement list tonight. Started with GD in ‘86 and will bail out in ‘25 or ‘28, depending on circumstances.

You must not be retiring from the fun part of Lockheed out in Palmdale. I have it on good authority that those guys get the flashy thing from Men in Black.

You must not be retiring from the fun part of Lockheed out in Palmdale. I have it on good authority that those guys get the flashy thing from Men in Black.

Totally false. Do you like pie? I know a nice shop. Wanna get a slice?

Congrats on making it out of here. I’ll have to pull up the company wide retirement list tonight. Started with GD in ‘86 and will bail out in ‘25 or ‘28, depending on circumstances.

The pension cap and the stock market performance over the last several years have prompted a lot of us to make the leap. The comparison between salary and predicted retirement income showed I was working for free, or maybe even paying a bit for the privilege.

That's a good looking watch. Congrats on your retirement. I did it once, it didn't take and I've got 5.5 more years until I do it again.

Congrats! Nice looking watch. :)

Count on it. We’ll be up there again as soon as it’s warm enough for motorcycles and fly fishing.

Spoken like a true Floridian! I did a 150mi ride last Saturday morning, temps in the mid-30's the entire time. Although I did have a little help from Mr Gerbings...

Back