CFI Renewal and The Shutdown

NKTFlyer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
NKTFlyer
OK, guys. I've never had to renew my CFI before at the 24 month mark before, but I'm quickly coming up on mine in February. I'm asking for myself, but also on behalf of all the January guys.

Does anybody know how CFI renewals are working with the shutdown? Can I submit it in IACRA and have it count even if the expiration date passes? I had intended to simply use pass rate, but might need to use an FIRC just to get a temp renewal done by somebody other than an ASI.

This shutdown is killing me on the ratings, tests, and certificates front. At least I'm still getting paid.

I would use one of the firc's that issues certs like American flyers. Once you have a temp the faa has set up a program on the web to extend them until this is over.

I would use one of the firc's that issues certs like American flyers. Once you have a temp the faa has set up a program on the web to extend them until this is over.
Just completed my latest American Flyers renewal this past week. My temporary renewal certificate is in my wallet.

Online course with American Flyers, pay the extra fee for them to file it. Complete the IACRA paperwork with them. Paper temp certificate will be issued. Done.

Back