Thinking about buying a plane

Did you get one of the metal seats with the 1/4” foam cushions strapped on like a lawn chair? Literally just a metal frame and a lawn chair cushion, I’m not exaggerating. If not, they must be flying some different equipment on that route. Pray they do not ever have to refurbish the seats in whatever aircraft it is.

Pretty sure they weren't as you describe. I have serious back problems and problems with chairs that aren't sufficiently cushioned but I don't recall being any more uncomfortable in them than I am in AA's seats. If they do switch to seats as you describe it's going to be a big problem. I probably won't go back to stopping in CLT though.

Pretty sure they weren't as you describe. I have serious back problems and problems with chairs that aren't sufficiently cushioned but I don't recall being any more uncomfortable in them than I am in AA's seats. If they do switch to seats as you describe it's going to be a big problem. I probably won't go back to stopping in CLT though.

Yeah, you’d know these things if you saw them. Seriously.

I only have a photo of the back of the headrest on one of them, unfortunately. It doesn’t show much. I took it because there’s literally just room to slide a safety card in the back of them, no “pouch” or anyplace to put a tablet or magazine anything in front of you.

I’ll have to dig to find that photo if interested. Like I said, it was two vacations ago.

Yeah, you’d know these things if you saw them. Seriously.

I only have a photo of the back of the headrest on one of them, unfortunately. It doesn’t show much. I took it because there’s literally just room to slide a safety card in the back of them, no “pouch” or anyplace to put a tablet or magazine anything in front of you.

I’ll have to dig to find that photo if interested. Like I said, it was two vacations ago.

Don't dig for it unless you have nothing better to do at 5:00am on a Sunday morning or whatever time zone you are in (4:00am)?

Nobody has suggested a Bonanza A36? I am surprised.

The A36 has a lot to offer. The reality today is the A36 and the 310 far exceed my pax capacity requirements, what that translates to is full fuel loads for 99% of my flights.

Now, a TN V35 is a different beast.

This is at the top of today’s *do it now* acquisition budget at $169K, but appears to need ADSB which could be as easy as the 530W conversion. Since I’d be in there anyways, might as well do #2 radio and audio panel.

http://www.carolinaaircraft.com/bonanza/v35/2018/06/20/n4302w.html

Everybody missed the most interesting part of this thread. Care to elaborate?

I think the word "current" told us what we needed to know. But I was curious about the details too.

I’m not shy, I just don’t like the kid. 27 years old, never held a full-time job, started five different degree plans at four different juco/colleges without completing one of them and is looking at yet another.

The only thing he’s been long term successful at is volunteering at computer gaming conventions and living off my daughter.

A buddy familiar with my feelings toward this kid had the dude at bomberpatches.com make this up and gave it to me recently:

960f75f61046963873b1d470b97e6cd5.jpg

Sums up my interactions with him nicely.

I’m not shy, I just don’t like the kid. 27 years old, never held a full-time job, started five different degree plans at four different juco/colleges without completing one of them and is looking at yet another.

The only thing he’s been long term successful at is volunteering at computer gaming conventions and living off my daughter.

A buddy familiar with my feelings toward this kid had the dude at bomberpatches.com make this up and gave it to me recently:

960f75f61046963873b1d470b97e6cd5.jpg

Sums up my interactions with him nicely.

Nice patch! I'd feel exactly the same way under the circumstances.

Brief update: looks like it's down to either Mooney 201 or C310. Either three will meet my wants/needs/desires. Both accomplish the personal mission; both present opportunities to specialize in the market as a transition instructor. The basic business plan is provide 'advanced' or type/model specific instruction in an owner's plane. The Mooney market has more segmentation and opportunities (transition, instrument upgrade, commercial) compared to the C310 market. The C310 market while smaller and less segmented *might* have more profit potential for an instructor.

Over the long haul, I think an A&P ticket could be very helpful...have to think that one thru, though.

310 hours will be worth more in the long haul than 201 hours. Neither one is a great instructional plane, though.

310 hours will be worth more in the long haul than 201 hours. Neither one is a great instructional plane, though.

Yeah, the niche would be new owner transition. I recognize the value of the 310 hours and mentioned that to NRG in his thread.

Yeah, the niche would be new owner transition. I recognize the value of the 310 hours and mentioned that to NRG in his thread.

Transition training is a lot of fun. @James_Dean can tell you about how much I tortured him for his 310 transition. It's my favorite part of instructing, to be honest.

Back