CFI/CFII, 61 vs. 141

Arob16

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Arob16
Hey gang - what's everyone's input on whether to tackle CFI/CFII training and certification at a part 61 vs. 141 flight school? I'm aware of the differences between the two, and I'm looking for a recommendation on which route to go. All of my ratings up to this point were learned and obtained via different part 61 operations. I would likely get my multi- at some point as well, if that has any impact. Currently I am ASEL, commercial/instrument. Thanks in advance for the input.

Adam

Either way works. Most likely save money going 61.

A Part 141 CFI curriculum will require 25 flight training hours and 40 hours of ground training.

It is very possible to do it in many fewer hours via Part 61, especially if you are already reasonably proficient with the Private and Commercial maneuvers and have ever done some teaching.

I did my CFI part 61. I did a majority of the training self study so I was able to save a decent amount of money.

Do it part 61, it was the cheapest add on to any cert I have, it's all self study and you should be able to get away with one or two flights.

99.9% is on you.

I taught both, and I hated every moment I was handcuffed by 141 restrictions.

Bob

Back