Found an easy way to polish your plane spinner.

Probably doesn't leave any streaks either.

Okay, this one goes onto the list of nominees for best short film of 2018.

You. are. ****ing. crazy. man!

But I like it! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You. are. ****ing. crazy. man!

But I like it! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It just looks ****ing crazy.
We know 6PC used Hollywood special effects and holograms to film that. :yes: :ihih:

Somehow this reminds me of the guillotine scene in the movie Dead Men Tell No Tales. After positioning his head, Jack Sparrow notices the basket full of body parts located below him. Well, actually it was a basket of heads and not hands, but that’s what this made me recall.

It just looks ****ing crazy.
We know 6PC used Hollywood special effects and holograms to film that. :yes: :ihih:

Its intentionally low rez for a reason ;)
Like heavy metal music. You can hid a lot of slop in distortion.

What kind of compound are they recommending?

I was with you until I noticed you were using a dirty rag, vs the proper implement, a white kitten.

Last edited:
Your technique is improper. It is very important that your rag is at least a couple feet long and firmly tied around your wrist while doing this.

I'm glad you had your left hand tucked safely in your pocket. Otherwise it might get in the way and you'd get hurt.

You know, I've watched this over and over, and it is a beautiful thing, it really is, but I just shudder that some moron is going to try it.

When I was a young pup engineer I heard a yelp out in the machine shop. A machinist, was polishing a part with some compound and a rag while the part was spinning at about 1,500 rpm. The rag snagged in the chuck, pulled his hand into the part and did some superficial damage, nothing too dramatic, but it drove home the point. A prop would just ruin your day.

I think you should have gone to the power plant and gotten a bucket of steam to steam clean the spinner.

Cheers

Back