What's up with all these anti-cottage cheese elitists who are too good to consume the product unless it is hidden in some pseudo-Italian preparation?
#cottagecheesematters

Only time I eat cottage cheese, is if it's in pasta.

Is this a duress code? Ricotta I can understand, but why would you put cottage cheese in pasta?

Is this a duress code? Ricotta I can understand, but why would you put cottage cheese in pasta?
Some people like the wet lasagna you get from cottage cheese vs the dry lasagna you get from ricotta.

I can go either way on that.

For stuffed pastas though, I'll take ricotta.

Man, WTF is wrong with some of you, with some of the crazy combos?

The ketchup and rice thing I remember doing as a kid, not bad.

I clicked the like button on the prairie oyster cuz I thought it was a mountain oyster, but then I clicked the link afterwards...never tried it, but looks cool, so I kept my like vote. On my bucket list (maybe a line or two above skydiving).

I likes me some Breakstone cottage cheese, fresh tomaters, and Dr. Kracker Pumpkin Seed Cheddar crispbread crackers. I've been eating that combo for lunch about 5 days a week for the past 3 months. To get the full delicious effect, you gotta take a bite of each, then chew it all together.

Steak sauce[1] is for badly cooked steaks.

Uh, no. It's easy to get confused on this. I can see how you made the mistake.

Steak is a very tasty way of eating steak sauce. It's important to choose a quality steak sauce, and then rest the steak on a bed of steak sauce. I usually mix a couple of different sauces to taste. The smoky umami of the steak can really bring out the subtle flavors in a steak sauce.

To the best of my recollection, I have never eaten cottage cheese in my life. I am not about to start either. Besides, I am not a fan of steak sauce, having used it only a couple of times in my life.

The "more protein!" workout crowd loves making stuff out of cottage cheese.

(Just an example from a billion of these on YouTube, randomly searched...)

I have noticed that cottage cheese does seem to be an ingredient in the Stouffers frozen lasagna.

Back