One more "in person meetup" I can add to my scorecard

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Today, I had the chance to meet @BigBadLou in real life. We both did a charity flying event at KILE, Skylark Filed in Killeen, TX.

And I got a close look at his Cardinal. Very nice aircraft. Tail number almost reads like MaeWest or Dolly P style measurements.

Tomorrow, I'm taking some friends to the Hard8 in Stephenville. Arriving about 10:30. All are welcome to join up.

You all make me envious that I don't live in TX. Have fun!

The initial meet up was amusing. I saw the C177RG pulling into a parking spot, then Lou dismount. I had seen a photo of him on PnP threads, so I knew that was him.

But the look on his face as I walked forward to greet him of "Who the frack are you?!?" made the meet up that much more memorable.

And he has some good stories. I enjoyed our brief time together.

The initial meet up was amusing. I saw the C177RG pulling into a parking spot, then Lou dismount. I had seen a photo of him on PnP threads, so I knew that was him.

But the look on his face as I walked forward to greet him of "Who the frack are you?!?" made the meet up that much more memorable.

And he has some good stories. I enjoyed our brief time together.
The Supreme Court said sharing brief time is okay. I dunno....

Maybe 'Lou' is short for MaryLou and 'he' isn't big or bad at all. But I think if that was the case Aggie would have very different stories to tell.

Maybe 'Lou' is short for MaryLou and 'he' isn't big or bad at all. But I think if that was the case Aggie would have very different stories to tell.
They did share 'brief' time...

Well, he drove a Lincoln Continental and and El Dorado too, so we may well have been brown. Only John was big and bad.

Yeah, but LeRoy learned a lesson about a messin' with the wife of a jealous man.

What day are you coming in?
Arriving Wednesday early afternoon, departing Sunday mid day.

Took your advice and using EWR and then public transit to Penn Station. Hotel is a few blocks from Penn Station.

Arriving Wednesday early afternoon, departing Sunday mid day.

Took your advice and using EWR and then public transit to Penn Station. Hotel is a few blocks from Penn Station.

I have to work Thursday night, but if you're up for a beer Wednesday evening or lunch on Thursday, I'll be around.

I have to work Thursday night, but if you're up for a beer Wednesday evening or lunch on Thursday, I'll be around.
Will consider Wednesday.... send me contact details via PM and I'll advise you within a day or two..

Last edited:
It could be worse. You could live in MS.

Hey I'm from north Texas and live in MS. I'll take MS any day over north Texas. 3 reason why....1. Texas population, 2. Look at #1 and think traffic. And #3 6pc. And not to mention aviation is fairly inexpensive here as well. But it's fun telling people I'm from Texas, they always have some small comment to make...hehe haters...hahaha

Wow. I'm surprised he hasn't ripped you a new one for referring to his salvage yard as a junk yard. ;):)
Clark is a lost cause on this... plans are to provide him with a 20% reverse discount if he ever calls me for a critical part for jos horseless carriage.

Back