Coffee cup thread

Mug_and_Torus_morph.gif

I dunno. I'm trained as a topologist. I can't tell a coffee mug from a donut.

Last edited:
Damn can you make her uh, attributes do that? :cool:

Favorite Coffee Cup.jpg

Not that she needs it!

Last edited:
Damn can you make <- her uh, attributes do that? :cool:

Just so you know....

A coffee mug is topologically equivalent to a tube top.

But not a conventional shirt.

In a nutshell, there is no way to "smoothly" create or destroy a hole. At some instant, it must change discontinuously from existing to not existing, or vice-versa.

Topologists also can't tell an A cup from a DD cup. Sorry.

:eek:

Don't know that name, which I take it as a good thing.

image.jpeg I can fit two runs with the Keurig into this cup.

Last edited:
For shame!!o_O

Pretty in pink?
Sixteen candles?
Weird science? (which I'm sure is what @MAKG1 is referencing)

Well I don't get into most movies, so I'm not "current" on many actors. Especially in the 80s as the Air Force had me going to places where there wasn't TV let alone a theater. So this guy/girl is an actor? Maybe provide a pic and maybe I'll recognize him. But it's not that important to me anyway as I'm the same way with TV. Documentaries, military & American history, rock concerts, some comedies is about it for me. Although I did watch Lewbowski again the other night for the millionth time. Same way w/ Pulp Fiction.

Last edited:
Mug_and_Torus_morph.gif

I dunno. I'm trained as a topologist. I can't tell a coffee mug from a donut.

MAKG1,

I took the time to Google topologist and I can't grasp what you do other than you are smarter than I am. or why? Please 'splain.

Well I don't get into most movies, so I'm not "current" on many actors. Especially in the 80s as the Air Force had me going to places where there wasn't TV let alone a theater. So this guy/girl is an actor? Maybe provide a pic and maybe I'll recognize him. But it's not that important to me anyway as I'm the same way with TV. Documentaries, military & American history, rock concerts, some comedies is about it for me. Although I did watch Lewbowski again the other night for the millionth time. Same way w/ Pulp Fiction.

Here you go. Let autoplay take you to clip 4/12 and you pretty much get the gist of the whole movie.

EDIT: Hm, autoplay doesn't work in an embed, so here's the other 2.

Never have seen the movie nor the actor above. Sorry.

MAKG1,

I took the time to Google topologist and I can't grasp what you do other than you are smarter than I am. or why? Please 'splain.
I'm not a topologist. I studied it a bit in grad school. The goal was better understanding of general Relativity and the various nontrivial space time configurations (the familiar ones are wormholes and black holes; there are some more exotic ones).

I'm not a topologist. I studied it a bit in grad school. The goal was better understanding of general Relativity and the various nontrivial space time configurations (the familiar ones are wormholes and black holes; there are some more exotic ones).
Oh ok. I like science. I still think you are smarter than me. :cryin:

Took my a while to get a photo, but this is my preferred coffee mug (West Marine, virtually spill proof):

5f1e412fc113355805a1fabbf98b8e47.jpg

20 year old freebie from a frac tank vendor (yes, fracking ain't nothin new).

I like it because I have no idea how stained it is since its black.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 13
My daily mug at work says "60 and Sensational". I've had it about 25 years. Handle is glued on, but works. If I ever reach 60, I'm throwing it away.

Back