Coffee cup thread

Joshuajayg

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Joshua
In the wake of the coffee thread, I find it necessary to find what vessel you use to consume your lovely hot brew.

6ec86fa17cbd8ac6f2147075fc047248.jpg

Anyone have a cool coffee cup?

Last edited:
Has to have three characteristics:
- Thin wall (no mug) so that it doesn't cool the coffee down too much when poured. No pre-heating needed
- A handle that accommodates arthritic fingers
- Thin wall so my wife can see the remaining level and know when it needs refilling ;)

I use a Yeti 20oz insulated travel cup.

Got it for free from work as a reward program. Love that cup. Keeps my coffee hot all morning.

My only preference is a ceramic mug. I'll drink from paper, foam, glass, etc. but it's not the same. Shoot, if I could get one with an airport identifier on it I'd probably use nothing else.

My only preference is a ceramic mug. I'll drink from paper, foam, glass, etc. but it's not the same. Shoot, if I could get one with an airport identifier on it I'd probably use nothing else.
$6 in Leadville, CO!

I use my 32 oz. Yeti. Holds 6 cups according to Mr. Coffee, and with the lid on it will stay hot for over six hours. When I don't drink it all before then . . .

In the wake of the coffee thread, I find it necessary to find what vessel you use to consume your lovely hot brew.

6ec86fa17cbd8ac6f2147075fc047248.jpg

Anyone have a cool coffee cup?

$6 in Leadville, CO!

I busted the handle off of my older style LXV mug. Pout. That new design isn't as interesting but I'll have to go up there and get one anyway.

I use a Yeti 20oz insulated travel cup.

Got it for free from work as a reward program. Love that cup. Keeps my coffee hot all morning.

Those things are impressive. Watched a YouTube video of a father and son who tear down stuff and they did mugs. That was the only one they needed the radial arm saw to cut through and it really was vaccuum inbetween the metal layers. T made a huge sucking sound when the saw cut through it.

My collection of non-LXV stuff. The NASA mug is massive and I can put about half a pot of coffee in it. The floatplane mug is from a trip up there. Nice folks. The dog one you'll need to zoom in but it's funny. And the rest are self-explanatory.

74efa4a3ee2c105930252f072fb219dd.jpg

This is my real coffee cup. I got it when my son was born in 07.
I prefer the larger cups like this. 2 a day. No more. No less.

20160817_212524_resized.jpg

Some of mine. I've got a butt load of money in these cups.
a11b6042dfd2b4799535f929b20d0653.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we were kids, my sister and I fought like crazy. It was really bad.
We are best friends in the world now.

Mom was sad that we were all grown up so on mothers day we wanted her to remember the good old days so we had these made.

123.jpg

In hindsight, it may be weird to go to a professional photography studio and get a bunch of pictures of me choking my sister. I hope they made the wall display there.

I busted the handle off of my older style LXV mug. Pout. That new design isn't as interesting but I'll have to go up there and get one anyway.

I didn't really get a chance to land at Leadville until this year so I missed getting an old mug.

Last year I tried to land there in the Ercoupe but there were people in white jump suits on the pavement. I decided it would be better to continue on to Eagle.

Wait a sec here! Aren't all of yours supposed to not have handles on them? ;)
:D I thought handles were sacrificial for first drop?

I got/bought/found/acquired mugs everywhere I worked. 25 years as a contractor got me into a lot of different places. Got a few DEC and other vendor mugs from a couple of places.

I don't feel like getting up to take a picture, but my favorite coffee cup has a picture of Lionel Richie on it and reads, "Is it Tea You're Looking For?"

Some of mine. I've got a butt load of money in these cups.
a11b6042dfd2b4799535f929b20d0653.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaaahhh - I see I am not alone having tons of Starbucks mugs... ;) I am more specialized in the 'You are here...' mug though...

I like my coffee hot - if that mug is hot, that's one tough chick!

Back