POTUS TFR MVY

That being said, I do see more people running to Cajun's defense as well as other female members far more often than that of male members who get poked fun at. Those who do this may want to reflect and see if they are doing so because they view women as fragile creatures who need to be defended as they are incapable of doing it themselves. I doubt that is true of Cajun or any other lady on here so your frail attempts at chivalry are unnecessary and possibly even more insulting than the somewhat inappropriate jokes that are made.

Again, I apologize to Cajun.

Those of you trying to prove your manhood... LOL.

Hey bud, I want to let this go but I can't help feel that some that of this is meant for me.

It may be my old school Boston Catholic upbringing but Im sorry ill say something if I feel that people are going overboard on anybody...girl or guy....

Im very happily married and don't need to show off or be overall chivalrous to anybody...i just called it as I see it.

That being said Im a guy too and def not holier than thou...i have made plenty of stupid comments in life to all kinds of people that I regret. I just find it weird to attack someone for calling somebody out on something they later apologize for as u just did.

Lastly I usually agree with most of your posts and you do seem like a really good guy so I def don't mean anything personally.

There are times threads devolve to men's locker room chatter or toilet trash. A lot of women just stop posting because of it. Some of the crap I can ignore, others I wouldn't want anyone reading them.

And keep this in mind, Google seems to find these posts seconds after they get posted. So if you don't want negative attention, keep it civil.

Now back to the TFR. Since the object is to protect someone, nothing like painting a bullseye. I'm just glad my plane and airport are not (YET) adversely affected.

Yeah, my bikini post was less than the most tasteful one that I could have posted and I want to apologize.

I am sorry Cajun.

With her costume change cross country post in mind, I did a quick google of "stars and stripes" costumes to post for her presidential TFR flight and the bikini pic was one of several that popped up. I quickly copied it and pasted it into my post without really thinking. I'm sure I'm the first one here to make a post without fully thinking. More due to a dirty old man mindset and wanting to have some fun then being misogynistic or wanting to be hurtful.

That being said, I do see more people running to Cajun's defense as well as other female members far more often than that of male members who get poked fun at. Those who do this may want to reflect and see if they are doing so because they view women as fragile creatures who need to be defended as they are incapable of doing it themselves. I doubt that is true of Cajun or any other lady on here so your frail attempts at chivalry are unnecessary and possibly even more insulting than the somewhat inappropriate jokes that are made.

Again, I apologize to Cajun.

Those of you trying to prove your manhood... LOL.

No worries. I appreciate your apology. Honestly, when I first saw your post, I was annoyed for a minute. But ultimately I knew you were just trying to be fun and silly, not offensive or malicious, so I let it drop. I did worry that someone would really think the picture was of me, but then I realized how much better her body is than mine and figured there are worse problems I could have :cool: In all seriousness, if you had really offended me or ****ed me off, I assure you - you'd know.

Can someone just buy a round a drinks and we can all be done with this already?

No worries. I appreciate your apology. Honestly, when I first saw your post, I was annoyed for a minute. But ultimately I knew you were just trying to be fun and silly, not offensive or malicious, so I let it drop. I did worry that someone would really think the picture was of me, but then I realized how much better her body is than mine and figured there are worse problems I could have :cool: In all seriousness, if you had really offended me or ****ed me off, I assure you - you'd know.

That's what I thought.

BTW, I changed the pic to one that looks much more like you.

Sounds good to me...id certainly get drunk on eman's dime

Flew just over the southampton TFR today. NY approach is pretty awesome across the board

Those who do this may want to reflect and see if they are doing so because they view women as fragile creatures who need to be defended as they are incapable of doing it themselves. I doubt that is true of Cajun or any other lady on here so your frail attempts at chivalry are unnecessary and possibly even more insulting than the somewhat inappropriate jokes that are made.

When I went in the Air Force a long time ago women proved they could do the same job as men. The Air Force was ahead of the other services in this regard. When I did ATC in the AF we had many female controllers. Sometime in the mid 70s I think the Air Force opened up pilot slots for women. A few years ago there was a female solo Thunderbird pilot who had a background in F-15s. Blue Angels still haven't had a female pilot. There's many female Generals in the AF, a few 4 star ones.When I flew with an airline we had many female pilots and they all were good. I've been around women who do "men things" so I've always been supportive. I raised my daughter (and son) that way and they both are doing great.

edit I don't know where I was going with this. Cajun is right, drink time.

Yes. Because she's literally ONE of TWO females on the boards.

You missed that by a factor of at least a dozen.

But even if it were true, why do you think it'd be true?

Hint, many women have left here because of the prevailing attitude.

Jesus guys I'm going to have to get the hose out when @Cajun_Flyer says something.

You should have been here when Kimberly was active, this ain't nuttin' by comparison!!!

They may EXIST, but they don't regularly post. Cajun regularly posts. On the daily.

I don't doubt that many have been put off by some of the comments. But if you head over to any auto repair forums, I'm pretty certain you'd find a similar ratio of active participant males to females. Not necessarily sexist... but different interests. Just as you'd find a different ratio of active females to males on scrapbooking forums.

Fine, I'm done hiding my chickdom. Please keep in mind, however, that I'm not just a girl. I'm a VIKING girl. Who is Cajun. And has no ties to Norway, actually. Also, I can't cook worth a damn or do many of the other things women are stereotypically good at. So whatever all that means.

Isn't there a president in town or something?

Last edited:
Fine, I'm done hiding my chickdom. Please keep in mind, however, that I'm not just a girl. I'm a VIKING girl. Who is Cajun. And has no ties to Norway, actually. Also, I can't cook worth a damn or do many of the other things women are stereotypically good at. So whatever all that means.

Isn't there a president in town or something?
thIs changes everything. I had no idea you were Cajun. Damn... You think you know a guy.

They may EXIST, but they don't regularly post. Cajun regularly posts. On the daily.

I don't doubt that many have been put off by some of the comments. But if you head over to any auto repair forums, I'm pretty certain you'd find a similar ratio of active participant males to females. Not necessarily sexist... but different interests. Just as you'd find a different ratio of active females to males on scrapbooking forums.
One of the all time high posters here is a chick and a mod, and wouldn't be seen in a scrapbooking forum...

Exception to the rule.

Which is to say you and Cajun are exceptional people. :D
LOL, I've been told I'm, "not like other women" before. No kidding, women are not alike any more than men are, which would explain why some are turned off by the locker room stuff that is posted here. But as a mod I'll tell you that it also bothers some men, as indicated by some of the bad post reports we get.

Last edited:
You should have been here when Kimberly was active, this ain't nuttin' by comparison!!!

Whatever happened to Kimberly (I haven't been around awhile myself)? Why did she quit posting? Is she still flying?

I open a TFR thread to see who's being annoyed by the bourgeoisie this week and find...

Denverpilot is the long winded one.

Yup. And the TFR thread is all about Cajun having girl parts. Oh boy here we go again.

And, see, and that's my point. I'm not getting mad over any of the comments, I'm just not reacting to them anymore. Much like the chute comments have gotten tired for you, the "OMG WOMAN!!!" comments have gotten tired for me. I'm not going to cause a fuss, but don't expect me to engage. At the end of the day, all is good.

Oh come on. Chute jokes never get old! ;)

Can someone just buy a round a drinks and we can all be done with this already?

Ahh much better. Pick your poison. Both of these followed me home from OSH untouched and I deliver to fly-ins.

3fcfcf21a0513efc82ce57b328facdd3.jpg

And then the thread gets weird. It turns to Tim's favorite repetitive topic ... Kimberly!

Oh good lord...

Which isn't much of a surprise. Haha. I'm getting this feeling they have this kind of relationship perhaps...

87da79d12d4e9b243ceb40db066e2d5b.jpg

Not sure. Probably going to save her from this guy... It's the Internet after all...

be008e9cea39ab258dfd5749ac1fd350.jpg

But then... The darkness truly falls...

Whatever happened to Kimberly (I haven't been around awhile myself)? Why did she quit posting? Is she still flying?

Oh holy hell. Not this again!

e265f9d035a39eb165e55172c575fea6.jpg

And then I remembered the wisdom of Walter...

c9a079c80e1a93a9fc9105ebd00012f8.jpg

When I went in the Air Force a long time ago women proved they could do the same job as men. The Air Force was ahead of the other services in this regard. When I did ATC in the AF we had many female controllers. Sometime in the mid 70s I think the Air Force opened up pilot slots for women. A few years ago there was a female solo Thunderbird pilot who had a background in F-15s. Blue Angels still haven't had a female pilot. There's many female Generals in the AF, a few 4 star ones.When I flew with an airline we had many female pilots and they all were good. I've been around women who do "men things" so I've always been supportive. I raised my daughter (and son) that way and they both are doing great.

edit I don't know where I was going with this. Cajun is right, drink time.

Capt Katie Higgins is in her second year with the Blue Angels team. Maybe you didn't know. Or maybe she doesn't count because shes crew on Fat Albert, not the main showbirds....

I open a TFR thread to see who's being annoyed by the bourgeoisie this week and find...

Yup. And the TFR thread is all about Cajun having girl parts. Oh boy here we go again.

Oh come on. Chute jokes never get old! ;)

Ahh much better. Pick your poison. Both of these followed me home from OSH untouched and I deliver to fly-ins.

3fcfcf21a0513efc82ce57b328facdd3.jpg

And then the thread gets weird. It turns to Tim's favorite repetitive topic ... Kimberly!

Oh good lord...

Which isn't much of a surprise. Haha. I'm getting this feeling they have this kind of relationship perhaps...

87da79d12d4e9b243ceb40db066e2d5b.jpg

Not sure. Probably going to save her from this guy... It's the Internet after all...

be008e9cea39ab258dfd5749ac1fd350.jpg

But then... The darkness truly falls...

Oh holy hell. Not this again!

e265f9d035a39eb165e55172c575fea6.jpg

And then I remembered the wisdom of Walter...

c9a079c80e1a93a9fc9105ebd00012f8.jpg

That wasn't long-winded at all! ;)

And wasn't there an entire thread devoted to Kimberly over in Hangar Talk a few weeks ago that devolved into a conversation about dic pics? The dialog of the final post in that thread was:
"What pops up, must flop down.
Once you pop, you just can't stop."

I can't imagine why she left...

Last edited:

Oh good lord...

It was one of the greatest tragic comedies I've ever witnessed. A bunch of old men, many of whom probably need a little pill to get it up, chasing a young girl like a bunch of rabid, hormone enraged, 14 year-olds.

ESDOTWS responded to each of her posts with an adolescent brand of hormone driven fervor like I don't think I've ever experienced before.

Of course, she reveled in being the center of all the attention...at first at least...

What is "ESDOTWS"?

OK, I get the "ESD," and assume "OT" is "on the" - so what is "WS"?

That's one way to get to land and Nantucket without a flight plan.

I'm planning to fly to Nantucket tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get to see any fighter jets on the way!

I'm planning to fly to Nantucket tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get to see any fighter jets on the way!

When I was flying this weekend at BVY, a SR-22 was working with BVY ground to get their IFR clearance to ACK. They were told they had to wait for 15 minutes for the clearance because ACK were operating under a reservation program or something other. They sat on the ramp for at least 15 minutes burning 100LL in 95 degree heat.

First time I have heard of it for ACK; not sure if that was only last weekend or only IFR but may be worth looking into...

First time I have heard of it for ACK; not sure if that was only last weekend or only IFR but may be worth looking into...

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not instrument rated so I will be VFR. ACK is a zoo on weekends in the summer but much better during the week.

Back