What kind of bike do you ride?

korben88

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Troy
The other I got into a conversation with some pilots and we came to the conclusion that if you fly, you ride.

So let's see your rides.

20151023_190607.jpg

'99 Honda Shadow 1100

Cool. I actually have several. Most are Italian-made, old-school steel bikes from the 1980s. I had a 360 Honda in high school.

This is my best bike:

New%20wrap.jpg

Last edited:
I ride and have a couple of bikes 09 Triumph Bonneville, 78 Suzuki GS750, and a Royal Star Tour Deluxe (Yamaha)

Moots.... and a BMW 1200GS

09 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

I have a rather non descript Sun recumbant.

No bike currently, have had Honda in the past. :(

2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 500. I purposely bought a smaller road bike as an incentive to keep off the highways. So I just ride roads like this one.

Used to ride a Harley 1200 custom sportster. Killed me when I had to sell it. But now u know where the '1200' in 'eman1200' comes from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be more specific

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 27
I ride recumbent bikes and own several models and types. In the background, you can see my CarBent, a 20 lb. carbon fiber recumbent. In the foreground is my newest bike, an FAW+ velomobile (an enclosed, pedal-powered tricycle) that I constructed from a kit. It was like building a small aircraft fuselage, so I learned a lot about building with aluminum.

26861595956_ed915a6979_c.jpg

Here's the velomobile after I applied insignia to evoke a 1940-41 P-40. I made all those decals out of colored duct tape - no paint was used, only duct tape. I started out just messin' around with the tape, found out the colors really popped. It ended up much better-looking than I ever expected:

27350716625_4d2f1f5395_c.jpg

Last edited:
Is it weird riding with the low rpm redline? I like everything else about it but very used to seeing 6 or 7 k on the highway with my bike.
I guess I'm old and sedate now, as I've actually never even hit the rev limiter on the bike. I typically shift right above 4K rpm. It's a great bike, you just need to have the proper expectations about it's performance. I wanted it for the ~70 mpg due to commuting, and it does get close to that for me, usually mid 60s or so.

Trek 2000, circa 2000 vintage. Not fancy, but fairly light and rides well on good roads, also on hard gravel.

My German Kettler Silverstar, fitted with studded snow tires, ready for the daily commute.
100_1690as.jpg

O4 Road King Custom
The fact is... I don't ride it enough.

I rode a Honda CX500 for nearly 100K miles back in my 20's...that was a great bike...

Right up until it was stolen from my garage 2 years ago (while I was home!). I decided to trade in two wheels for a propeller once it's was gone.

YZ250_F_019.jpg

In the foreground is my newest bike, an FAW+ velomobile (an enclosed, pedal-powered tricycle) that I constructed from a kit.
That is awesome!

Nauga,
the tinkerer

Honda XR650L, dual sport. My daily driver and on the weekends can ride down to the OHV area just south of town and beat on some hills, trails.

I bought a used Specialized with 21 gears. Works great, scoots right along in high gear, but still climbs hills well when I get tired.

Have had a couple of BSA Gold Stars (500cc single) in the 60s/70s. After enough scrapes and bruises, decided to take up something safer - like flying.

I had a nice Suzuki Boulevard. But after going down at 40 MPH and walked away with some road rash, fractured ankle, and collapsed lung. I realized I didn't want to know what it feels like at 60MPH. And all because some shoddy road work. Which up in NY there is no escaping the pot holes, cracks along with the nightmarish drivers texting and swerving into your lane.

1995 Sportster and a 2009 Road King Classic. I purchased both through the Military Sales office at the PX. The sportster as a Private in Germany and the Road King on my way home from Iraq during a stopover in Kuwait. The Road King is currently for sale.

'08 Harley Road Glide, copper and black. Bought it a couple months ago from my buddy, who loaded it with every option available plus some aftermarket stuff. Love it - best bike I've ever had in 27 years of riding mostly Gold Wings. The Harley FL chassis beats the Gold Wing in every way.

Tapatalk won't let me post a pic.

2012 Harley Street Glide and Specialized Tarmac road bike

Yamaha R1 and a cannondale road bike

I am LOADED with bikes!
2014 Harley Street Glide
2016 Harley Street Bob
2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke
2014 BMW C600 Sport scooter.
2009 Harley Road King (for sale)
13 year old son has a new Yamaha R3
Believe it or not the BMW scooter gets used more than any.

This is a photo of my lady and me dancing on Tail of the Dragon in TN. She's a Triumph Daytona 675.

Attachments

• DragonCurveLoresCrop.jpg
    DragonCurveLoresCrop.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 28
Cool. I actually have several. Most are Italian-made, old-school steel bikes from the 1980s. I had a 360 Honda in high school.

This is my best bike:

New%20wrap.jpg

Love the down tube shifters!! What's the steel....Columbus SL, SLX, TSX?

photo[3].JPG3rd Fat Boy i've owned and sold it recently cause it never got used

Back