I am so very sorry

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
This is my big apology to everyone (except Patch and Bull, I said what I meant, and I meant what I said).

Many people may have read my tirade against Patch and Bull last week, where I used some of the most foul language that has ever escaped my fingertips in a public forum. There was no excuse for that. Doing that made me worse that the people I was trying to get through to.

I understand that there are people of all types here, all ages, all levels of being offended. I am pretty sure that my words easily crossed the line for most everyone's eyes. There was no excuse for this, and I'm not going to try to come up with an excuse. I did mean what I said, but that doesn't mean I should put it in a public place.

I am sorry guys.

Nick...I said that you said that you meant what I thought and you said what I said which means that we both said what Ron thought. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:
I say live and let live, and thanks for the apology.

C'mon everyone, group hug!! What... Why is everyone looking at me funny?

Yeah, Nick, not to worry. Heck, I have to apologize enough that I don't know why they don't just have an "apology button" for me. It would sure save a lot of time. ;)

This is my big apology to everyone (except Patch and Bull, I said what I meant, and I meant what I said).

That's unfortunate, especially considering neither of us did anything malicious to you.

Many people may have read my tirade against Patch and Bull last week, where I used some of the most foul language that has ever escaped my fingertips in a public forum. There was no excuse for that. Doing that made me worse that the people I was trying to get through to.

Worse? Since when is participating in a civil discussion a bad thing for which your tirade was "worse"? Tough crowd.

I did mean what I said, but that doesn't mean I should put it in a public place.

Next time you have a problem with me (and I speak for only me), by all means, PM me and I'll be happy to discuss it with you directly. This backhanded apology to the board is weak.

This is my big apology to everyone

I am sorry guys.
I guess I missed out on the happenings. Gosh, I didn't even know there was a car race this weekend. :dunno:

Anyway. Nick, it's not easy to apologize, especially in public. I respect you for doing that.

Group hug...now we can move on. :yes:

In our college dorm lived the nicest guy who did the stupidest things when drunk. He eventually had some formal cards printed up. You know the kind, Cranes Stationery with lined envelopes and such.

"Mr. David P. Steinmetz
wishes to apologize for his behaviour
on the night of

______________."

The name is not real. The cards were a hoot!

-Skip

So what you're saying is you're sorry for getting caught. Whatever dude.

Gosh, I didn't even know there was a car race this weekend. :dunno:

Please write 100 times and bring to Gastons:
"The Indy 500 is not just another car race."
:D :D

What a great race, BTW. We got rained on a little, but our seats were out of most of it. I've never liked Danica Patrick much, but she's a hell of a driver and she won me over this year. She's likely to win Indy at least once in the next five years. Marco Andretti is another one... just give him a little luck and a couple of years. He'll win one too.

Yep, there was a car race this weekend. :yes:

Please write 100 times and bring to Gastons:
:D :D

Yep, there was a car race this weekend. :yes:
:rofl: Can I just copy and paste? :D See, it's a good thing you told me there was a car race this weekend. Hope I didn't miss out on anything else important in the past month. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, in Charlotte. :rofl:

Ed, you make me laugh. Haha. I'm laughing now. See? Laugh, laugh, laugh. Gees, you really crack me up. :rofl: (You're joking, right?)

Unfortunately, the NASCAR Kool-Aid is too powerful for me to fight. Business students all over America should do papers on the NASCAR marketing machine. Truly amazing. Right up there with the NBA. A NASCAR car goes what, 190 MPH. Hell, I've got a street legal Porsche that's faster than that! But I digress. If you've never been to the Indy 500, and if you love racing, you really should go. 220 MPH, wheel to wheel. You gotta see it to believe it.

OK, you're a NASCAR fan. There's nothing that can be done about it. Not enough racing for you? I'm here to help. If you like NASCAR then you'll absolutely love this.

Still not convinced? Maybe this will help:

NASCAR: (some guy named "BUD")
10086415.jpg

Indy: (need I say more?)
t1_danica_t2.jpg

Take yer pick. All in good fun. See ya at Gaston's Ed!!!

Last edited:
Funny thing is, I've been to an open wheel event, and never been to a NASCAR event. At MIS the stock car guys will crack 200 going into turn 1. As far as the picks go. I don't have to worry about Little E costing me a bunch of money.

Ed, you make me laugh. Haha. I'm laughing now. See? Laugh, laugh, laugh. Gees, you really crack me up. :rofl: (You're joking, right?)

Unfortunately, the NASCAR Kool-Aid is too powerful for me to fight. Business students all over America should do papers on the NASCAR marketing machine. Truly amazing. Right up there with the NBA. A NASCAR car goes what, 190 MPH. Hell, I've got a street legal Porsche that's faster than that! But I digress. If you've never been to the Indy 500, and if you love racing, you really should go. 220 MPH, wheel to wheel. You gotta see it to believe it.

OK, you're a NASCAR fan. There's nothing that can be done about it. Not enough racing for you? I'm here to help. If you like NASCAR then you'll absolutely love this.

Still not convinced? Maybe this will help:

NASCAR: (some guy named "BUD")
10086415.jpg

t1_danica_t2.jpg

Take yer pick. All in good fun. See ya at Gaston's Ed!!!

190? They push 200 at some tracks, and the only reason they don't do 220 plus is the restrictor plate gayness. Bill Elliot set the Talladega track record at an avg of 211 IIRC in the early 90s.

And btw, how dare you post pictures of my wife without asking me first! :D

t1_danica_t2.jpg

and SHE finished 8th at Indy!

It does mystify me that people will put up pictures of moving billboards on their walls.

But Chip, isn't such talk blasphemy in your neck of the woods?

and SHE finished 8th at Indy!

It does mystify me that people will put up pictures of moving billboards on their walls.

But Chip, isn't such talk blasphemy in your neck of the woods?

Man, she could have easily finished in the top 3! She's a really good driver. She just got caught in the wrong place at the yellow. It happens.

Blasphemy? Yea, probably. I have lots of friends who are NASCAR fans. One word... "intervention". :D

Ed, if you don't mind the nit-picking, the REAL race was in Concord, NC :D
Indeed!

The Coca-Cola 600 was brought about to outdo the Indy 500. And, it does... by another 100 miles. On top of that, it's become a part-day and part-night race, adding to the changing structure and tuning of the cars to the track.

Dale Earnhardt died still believing there should not be restrictor plate racing. The record had been set by 212.187MPH at Talladega in 1987. In 2004, Rusty Wallace was allowed to test his car at Talladega without a plate. His top speed was 228MPH.

During the race, Bobby Allison wrecked and became airborne with his car ending up at the base of the stands. No fans were seriously injured but because of the potential, plate races were then introduced at the super speedways, Talladega and Daytona where the tracks are 2.5 and 2.66 miles, respectively. The plate dropped the horsepower from well over 800 to well under 500. With that, they still hit speeds upward of 185-190.

Hi Kenny. I was beginning to worry about you. I was hoping you'd be along sooner or later... :D

Indeed!
The Coca-Cola 600 was brought about to outdo the Indy 500. And, it does... by another 100 miles.

And the additional 100 miles is the only way NASCAR outdoes Indy racing.

In 2004, Rusty Wallace was allowed to test his car at Talladega without a plate. His top speed was 228MPH.
Rusty (one hell of a driver by NASCAR standards - Jr. couldn't carry his spare tire) wasn't actually racing when he hit 228. "But I'll tell you this -- there's no way we could be out there racing at those speeds," Wallace offered. Take off the fenders so he can go wheel to wheel, and put him 12 inches from another car at 220, then you can call it racing.

The plate dropped the horsepower from well over 800 to well under 500. With that, they still hit speeds upward of 185-190.
Hell, my street legal Porsche can do better than that. And that's a fact.

Hi Kenny. I was beginning to worry about you. I was hoping you'd be along sooner or later... :D
Yep, I can't let you ferin car driver wannabes take over!

So, why don't those big shots up in Indy expand that race? Hmmmm.... Can those chainsaw motors handle it? :)

Rusty (one hell of a driver by NASCAR standards - Jr. couldn't carry his spare tire) wasn't actually racing when he hit 228. "But I'll tell you this -- there's no way we could be out there racing at those speeds," Wallace offered. Take off the fenders so he can go wheel to wheel, and put him 12 inches from another car at 220, then you can call it racing.
A great driver by any standard. He was a class act throughout his career. The reason they can't race at those speeds is because of that little thing involving aerodynamics. If the fans were set back further at the tracks where there wasn't as much of a danger, it may be different. But, it was either limit speed somewhat or tick off the fans by moving stands back. It affects only four races a year so it's not too big of deal.

Knock yourself out. But, I'd be more impressed if ya had a Koenigsegg CCXR. I'm sure you can afford one? :D

hey thanks for the apology nick.

chip - you best be careful at Gastons, seems you'll be outnumbered :) get those cookies?

Unless you count popularity, ratings, etc. ;)

Nothing like having a computer doing all your racing. ;)

C6 Z06 > your Porsche. ;)

chip - you best be careful at Gastons, seems you'll be outnumbered :) get those cookies?

I'm used to it. :target: It's the Kool-Aid I tell you! :yes:
No cookies yet. I'm staying home all day today hoping they'll show up.

Unless you count popularity, ratings, etc. ;)
Oh yea, that. I stand corrected.

C6 Z06 > your Porsche. ;)
I love the new Z06, but that's a bet I'll take. :yes: :yes: :yes:

OK. I'm obviously not going to win you NASCAR guys over and it appears I'm vastly outnumbered. Time for me to fall back and change the discussion to PC vs Mac. :D

Back