What is your daily use car

2014 cayman. 30 miles to the gallon on the road. Great car. Used to have a 2007 911 Carrera S. The cayman is more fun.

Work car 2007 honda accord

Picking up a 2013 Suburu BRZ in 2 weeks. So that means now more license in 4 weeks.

2007 Colorado - don't even have 60,000 miles on it.
2004 C5 - a little over 60,000 miles on that.
The Colorado I bought new, the C5 I bought in 08 for a song.

2007 Toyota Avalon--Its essentially a grandma car lol

f55c2794ad2c95865ac89b94f01db185.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My business vehicle is a 2015 Ford F-250 Transit van. It really needs 4 wheel drive here in MA. My fun car is the 1957 Chevy station wagon. It's a great original car that I pull the 46 teardrop camper. I need to drag the 1950 Imperial out to MA this year. I really want a Chrysler 300G.

1964 Impala sedan. Been in the family since 1982 when dad started driving it sophomore year of high school. He got it for 400 bucks back then. He did a lot to it back then. The only big thing I had to do before I started driving it was convert to disk brakes on the front to make mom happy. My friends get a kick out of the fact that it's my daily driver, but they love that I can fit 10 people with ease:D

That absolutely rocks... beautiful.

2006 Pontiac Solstice. Bought in new in 2005. Car number 51 off the line. No plans anytime soon to trade it.

I always loved those. Still cannot comprehend the brain that thinks killing both Oldsmobile and Pontiac makes any sense.

Do I keep my man card if I say I drive my wife's
Mini van once a while.

Man card -- retained. You get a bonus for admitting you drive a mini van sometimes.

My wife has a Mini Countryman. Auto trans, Sirius, loaded with options. I drive it once in a while too.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7L V8, 5-spd Auto, QuadraDrive

20150628_133655_zpsvirzfekp.jpg

Had it for 6 years and love it.

Alternate is 1987 Honda VF700C SuperMagna
IMAG0592.jpg

Alternate is 1990 Kawasaki KLR-650
IMG_20130208_145552_353_zps60449b9f.jpg

'Gimp

2015 Audi A4 Allroad 2.0 TDi Quattro... About 1000miles on it now...

38d11a7250b3d1f6de56beda41574e2a.jpg

Ok, gotta come clean, I work for Audi and this is my new company demonstrator...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of mileage does this car get with the diesel?

2000 Nissan frontier crew cab but I'm looking for a Wileys pickup to restore and sell the frontier. Ideally it would be my age, a 1957 but anything earlier would work.

What kind of mileage does this car get with the diesel?

Had to pull out the slide rule and make the sum there... Somewhere around 34mpg on a combined cycle, ie town and open-road.

What's with the red lights on grill?

I've a A4 quattro Avant - too bad Amuricuns don't like wagons. Much sexier than the Allroad IMHO

In South Africa we are required to have a licence plate on the front as well, this is just the plate holder.

My business vehicle is a 2015 Ford F-250 Transit van. It really needs 4 wheel drive here in MA. My fun car is the 1957 Chevy station wagon. It's a great original car that I pull the 46 teardrop camper. I need to drag the 1950 Imperial out to MA this year. I really want a Chrysler 300G.

Is that '57 all stock? I hope so. I love to hear about people preserving the past. It used to be my passion before airplanes. Absolute 100% restorations back to stock for vintage cars. Seriously, hot rods are easy and kinda boring. Going back to total showroom stock is far more challenging and impressive in my book.

Funny you should mention the Chrysler 300 series. The 300F convertible is in my book of all time wanted cars. Sadly I can no longer afford it at this time. It's value is now through the roof. Also to be fair, my book is thick with vintage cars I would love to own. :D

If your '57 is a hot rod, or "mild custom", that's cool, it's all good, but seriously consider taking an actual trip back to 1957. IMO, a ride in an authentic time capsule is far more satisfying than loud mufflers and a neck snap at a traffic light. For that kind of driving, you can't beat the stuff coming off the assembly line today, right now.

My wagon is mostly original except I installed a turbo 350 transmission, power brakes, AC, and a new style intake and carb. I bought it in NM in about 99 and had the paint brought back to original colors. I used the cars for the family and out at the airport for customers to drive. Most of the people got a kick out of it but I did have to give them a little dual on the Chysler push button transmissions.

I'm at the spot in my life that I can't really afford my dream 300G covertable, maybe I can stumble across a basket case. I'm not going to open another shop to get there.

2004 Honda Element, 304k miles

I always loved those. Still cannot comprehend the brain that thinks killing both Oldsmobile and Pontiac makes any sense.

In the case of Olds, it was time to go. The market place had become over saturated with name plates and GM no longer had the resources to be able to afford proper treatment of all their marques. Oldsmobile no longer meant anything to anybody. It was just another trim option for the generic GM sedan. When GM sold half the cars in America and there very little foreign competition, there was room for Oldsmobile to stand on it's own and be more unique in the market place.

In the case of Pontiac, GM didn't want to axe it, they were forced to by the bailout. They had plans for Pontiac moving forward and already had spent a lot of money on those plans. They had to get rid of dealers, factories and liabilities. The Chinese Buick thread illustrates exactly why Pontiac and Saturn got the axe and Buick remained. Basically, the Chinese consumer weighed in on the subject.

2008 Ford Ranger pickup. Not sure why Ford stopped making these little pickups. A full size F150 wouldn't fit in my garage.

And I'm afraid I've got to pop this Audi fan club bubble going on in this thread. My wife's 2007 2.0T A4 with 94,000miles just had the intake cam freeze up doing a bunch of damage.

For when I become silly super rich....

The Commuter Cars Tango is a single seat electric car that’s no wider than your average motorcycle. It doesn’t take up much space and has a range of up to 240 miles, which is all very sensible.
But the real party trick is its performance. Between its two electric motors, it produces a bloody ridiculous 3000 lb-ft of torque, or as Commuter Cars puts it, “more torque than six Dodge Viper V10s at peak.” It’ll do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and the standing quarter mile in 12.5 seconds. Nuts.
You also might recognize it from its cameo in HBO’s Silicon Valley.
3509647078_5b3ccbf5d9.jpg

giphy.gif

2014 toyota tacoma double cab. but how about the weekend cars? mines a 1968 corvette vert.

bob

Winter: 1998 Audi A6 Avant Quattro with 170,000 1-owner miles
Summer: 2013 VW Golf TDi with a couple of trailers

There's also a very lonely 1998 Dodge p/u that gets almost no use because the VW gets much better mileage pulling the same load. The poor truck pretty much only goes to the landfill

2008 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew. 125K on the clock and she's never so much as hiccuped. Probably going to grab a nice used G37 or something similar so I can park the truck and use it for weekend projects and towing duty.

Depending upon the wx, a 1997 F-350 7.3L Diesel (260k+ miles) or Vulcan motorcycle.

..a 1997 F-350 7.3L Diesel...

I've got one of those too. I put a 4000 pound Lance camper in the bed and that thing is amazing, especially in the mountains, doesn't seem to even know it's there.

'06 Dodge Charger Daytona, 160,000 miles.
'74 Porsche 914 2.0 150,000 for when the weather is good enough to drive with the top off!
It's been a great summer for the 914 up here in the PNW! :yes:

Attachments

• cars.jpg
    cars.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 31
I've got one of those too. I put a 4000 pound Lance camper in the bed and that thing is amazing, especially in the mountains, doesn't seem to even know it's there.
We use it to haul hay and the horses. Like you, towing and hauling is a non-event. I did install a tow modification to help with the shift points when towing and fuel economy when empty. Pretty dang happy getting 20+MPG on the highway as long as we keep it below about 60.

Last edited:
Like most pilots, I like to go fast and let the wind ruffle up my hair. So I restored a Z28 convertible with a built-up SBC. :)
And if the Chevy is dead, I hop into the Mustang or the F350. :D

Back