What is your daily use car

2004 Acura MDX 248,000mi

94' 2500 Suburban 4x4 255,000mi

Had to put new steering in the Suburban and its had a head gasket done and transmission was replaced at 200k. The Acura is all original. Neither burn any oil and both run great. I drive them equally.

What is amazing is how well the suspension, drivetrain and other parts have held up on the Acura. On my last few vehicles (jeeps, GM) the steering and balljoints are all shot around 200k miles. I put new shocks/struts on the mdx but everything else is still tight.

I split my daily commuting between two vehicles: 1.) 2001 F-150 Supercrew, I drive it like it's 5200# sports car yet nothing ever breaks. Best vehicle I've ever owned. If (and at this point a big IF) it ever dies, I'll buy another F-150, very versitile and durable. 2.) A Public D8i commuter bicycle.

'07 Z06, '10 Z06 and an '03 Envoy with a warmed up 6.0 liter under the hood for when I need to pick up a load...:rolleyes2:

Chris

2012 half ton Silverado!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

'98 Pathfinder (dark green)

Miss my old A4. I'll have an Audi again one day.

Ditto on the '98 Pathfinder (gold). Just over 200K on it now. I've also got a little '98 Kia Sephia that's kind of fun to drive, but it's parked waiting a $600 something maintenance fix. Yes, I live a boring life

Traffic sucks, I ride my Harley most days (Lane splitting is awesome). 2002 Tundra mostly sits but is good for hauling things around. 2010 M3 is for when I want to have some fun.

-Brian

Monday - Friday I drive whatever Hertz gives me!
Weekends I drive a 2012 Infiniti G37 (which has about 35k miles on it)
Occasionally I drive a 1984 MB 380SL (about 120k miles on her)

I think I put more miles on the RV6A than I do the cars. It's faster, more fun, and NO TICKETS!

Monday - Friday I drive whatever Hertz gives me!
Weekends I drive a 2012 Infiniti G37 (which has about 35k miles on it)
Occasionally I drive a 1984 MB 380SL (about 120k miles on her)

I think I put more miles on the RV6A than I do the cars. It's faster, more fun, and NO TICKETS!

Which model of G37 is it? I've been looking at the Sport coupe with the 6MT.

Ten years ago I bought an '04 Toyota Matrix from Hertz, with 35K on the clock. Ugly as sin and anything but a status symbol, it fit me and my mission perfectly. No frills, just did the job. It was even kinda fun to drive. My son is driving it in Arizona now, still going strong at more than 220K miles.

2013 Audi S4. It seems I like what Audi offers in this model, this is my fourth example starting with a 1993 version.

My jeep

Attachments

• Jeep.jpg
    Jeep.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 19
I don't know why I'm interested in what you all drive daily.

What is your daily use car. Being as pilots I would expect something fast and expensive.
:yes::yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

20141220_171346.jpg

Being as pilots I would expect something fast and expensive.
A lot of pilots get their need for speed satisfied in a real airplane, and choose to drive something practical. They don't have to pretend they're flying when they're driving.

All of the "Professional-driver-closed-course-do-not-attempt" TV ads notwithstanding, in most cases all a fast and expensive car gets you is a few car lengths further ahead in the traffic jam on the 405 (maybe), and an insurance bill that eats into your avgas budget. With a fast airplane, on the other hand, you actually get to go fast.

All of the "Professional-driver-closed-course-do-not-attempt" TV ads notwithstanding, in most cases all a fast and expensive car gets you is a few car lengths further ahead in the traffic jam on the 405 (maybe), and an insurance bill that eats into your avgas budget. With a fast airplane, on the other hand, you actually get to go fast.

I make a lot of trips over 600 miles. Most of them are in desolate places. Sometimes I get to use the plane, but sometimes I have to drive. I have a car that can capably do 130+ MPH. It's comfy, and quiet, and responsive. I have two different radar/lidar detectors, and I admit to driving a bit over the posted speed limit once in a while. I can shave a good hour or more off my trips by judicious use of the radar detectors and strategic fuel stops.

Oh - and free advice, don't try this at home.:D

Well one uplifting note: not a single Prius driver :nono:

"A lot of pilots get their need for speed satisfied in a real airplane, and choose to drive something practical. They don't have to pretend they're flying when they're driving."

Real airplane, definition ? A Cub or a Stearman does not count ? :confused:. If you want to drive a truck, its a free country, knock yourself out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0hvy06egiY

Cheers

Last edited:
"Only difference is the cows are bigger. :D"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheers

Well one uplifting note: not a single Prius driver :nono:

I used to have a Mariner Hybrid - sold it last year. Still have the Shadow Spirit 750 though.

does that burst the bubble?

We use it to haul hay and the horses. Like you, towing and hauling is a non-event. I did install a tow modification to help with the shift points when towing and fuel economy when empty. Pretty dang happy getting 20+MPG on the highway as long as we keep it below about 60.

What did you add? One of those overdrive splitters to give double the forward gears? I'd put one of those on the Dodge for unloaded use to speed up the 4.10 rear end, but alas it's a 4x4 and mixing those is not a good idea. ;)

Like most pilots, I like to go fast and let the wind ruffle up my hair.

Interesting how Pilots like to talk about their vehicles as well as their airplanes.

Mechanized "fluffers"? ;)

Oh, you can get the same sensation of speed "low and slow" as you do "high and fast". Only difference is the cows are bigger. :D

Cub is plenty fast for me.

:)

LOL! It's when the armadillos look too close going by that you've overdone it a bit. :) :) :)

What is your daily use car. Being as pilots I would expect something fast and expensive.
Expensive? All our money is spend on our aircraft and/or flying our aircraft. Fast? Well, that's what my work plane is for, I enjoy puttzing around at 120kts on the weekends.

Wow! I can't believe the legs on this thread! 7 pages.....

I had to buy another car when I blew up the engine on my '08 Subaru. With all the flaming idiots on the road these days, I've gotten pretty conservative with my choices in land-bound transportation.

I bought a 2014 Honda Accord Sport. The "Sport" just means it has 2 muffler tips and the same trim package as the V-6 models. Its OK comfortable for the 360mi/week+ I spend gridlocked in the conga-line that passes for S(tupid)eattle area traffic.

If one more Prius shlumps over into my lane while playing "self-appointed-rolling-roadblock", I think I'll go postal!

2012 CTS-V and a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

2012 CTS-V and a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

I was looking at the CTS-V wagon in red. Not many made, but that thing goes like stink, and they are pretty useful. Not a fan of GM autos but those are pretty neat. I drove a CTS wagon and was quite impressed.

I was looking at the CTS-V wagon in red. Not many made, but that thing goes like stink, and they are pretty useful. Not a fan of GM autos but those are pretty neat. I drove a CTS wagon and was quite impressed.

I have a sedan, and it's a manual. My Wrangler is a manual too. Autos are just too boring.

'08 Toyota Tundra. was paid off last year and saving up for a plane.

Sorry silvaire, 2010 Prius for longer trip average 47mpg, also a 2012 Toyota Siena for moving the whole family ( 5 and dog). And a 2010 i135 conv BMW with 5 speed as a toy.

2012 GMC 2500HD extended cab pickup. It has a 100 gallon avgas tank in the back for convenience. I drive about 3 miles to work and another 3 to get to the airplane. Fuel economy is achieved by proximity.

Back