This week on POA / As the Propeller Turns. Episode 8

.....For a predominantly male board I see a lot of recipes being posted and I don't see many female posters on those threads. :D

That's cause y'all already know all the recipes, we don't.

I think there are actually very few recipes being posted. Those that are seem to mainly be BBQ or rubs. What I mostly see is pictures of food, mainly from Sac Arrow in fact.

David

Almost food. Incomplete w/o the buns.

It might be dangerous having a monkey post on here. I don't have a lot of experience with monkeys, but in the few casual observations I've had they mostly screech and throw feces.

Hmm, on the other hand, he'd fit right in I guess.

Wait a sec, Sac. Oh no.

Sac! I think we may have sold the monkey into slave labor by accident man.

Monkey leaves my place just fine. No bad behavior, no acting out, enjoying himself immensely.

Then photos of monkey forced to fly on a wheel pant over an agricultural area of Texas and once he lands at Bryan's place, he's all sorts of crazy.

I fear something dastardly happened between Clark and the first stop in Texas. All these stories of "lunch runs" and what not.

I think the Texans saw there was a little brown guy with no visible means of support and forced him into the crop dusting trade, from a wheel pant!

Oh no. What have we allowed to happen to our little brown friend, Sac?! Poo slavery! No!

And now he's been shipped off to another private agricultural airport far away from the prying eyes of the public and he can't escape.

They even offered to send him to KANSAS. Holy crap. I mean, literally! They want him to crap on another State!

Poor guy. I fear the Texans hired Bryan for his writing skill to come up with a cover story about drug abuse and while he was there Bryan even forced him into the sex industry with that giant pink monkey!

What have we done? I don't think eman will ever see monkey alive without a rescue mission.

They're probably torturing him as we speak at the undisclosed Arkansas location! What do we do?

And what have you DONE Clark?!

My god man, if you needed gas money for the Frankenkota, I would have spotted you a loan!

You sold our little brown buddy into poo flinging slavery, didn't you? Didn't you?! You bastard!!

I don't know if I can handle the guilt of allowing monkey to be taken by the racist Texas land barons. Or remembering watching him leave with Clark on that fine afternoon when he was quiet and happy in his envelope thinking he was headed for his new home in North Carolina.

Oh poor poor monkey! [sobs]... He as full of hopes and dreams! What have I done? He could have stayed here and learned to shoot and fish and he wouldn't be in the hands of the evil agricultural "lunch cabal" who only wanted him for his poo flinging talents from a wheel pant of a plane!!

If only I had thought about it. Little brown guy. Texans. Secret lunch deals. I should have known!

[Breaks down in tears...]

If only there were some way to save you little buddy. Don't give up. Drugs and booze aren't the answer. We'll somehow save you and get you to your new home in North Carolina.

(Now that I think about it, someone did teach him to fish. Oh well. Not gonna rewrite that part... Maybe they were really just dunking him until he promised never to tell eman about what the Texans did to him...)

:)

Wait! If he joined PoA it's obviously a cry for help.

He found a web browser and is reaching out to us Sac!

Talk to us Monkey! Tell us how to save you!

I'M MONKEY OF THE POA WORLD!!

(Oh cr@@. I just realized what happened to that ship. )

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Who's going to post a Tuna Helper recipe anyway?

I've never understood Tuna Helper. Men hate it. Women seem to like it, because it's only women that will make the stuff.

Ladies - I know why you like making Tuna Helper. It's easy. You don't have to brown any beef and drain off the grease. But you still have to cook the pasta and sauce, right? What are you really saving? Can't you just make up a batch of tuna salad and let's do tuna sandwiches instead? We'll both be a lot happier!

On that note, what could one do to make Tuna Helper palatable?

How about this: Why don't you cook your tuna helper up without the tuna. Or, hell, get any seasoned box pasta mix of your choice. Make up some tuna salad. Put some in your pasta if you must have tuna mixed in with pasta. The stuff is already cooked. You don't need to cook it twice. Save the rest of the tuna salad for me. I'll lettuce wrap it.

Sorry, got off track. Hit a nerve.

I've never understood Tuna Helper. Men hate it. Women seem to like it, because it's only women that will make the stuff.

Ladies - I know why you like making Tuna Helper. It's easy. You don't have to brown any beef and drain off the grease. But you still have to cook the pasta and sauce, right? What are you really saving? Can't you just make up a batch of tuna salad and let's do tuna sandwiches instead? We'll both be a lot happier!

On that note, what could one do to make Tuna Helper palatable?

How about this: Why don't you cook your tuna helper up without the tuna. Or, hell, get any seasoned box pasta mix of your choice. Make up some tuna salad. Put some in your pasta if you must have tuna mixed in with pasta. The stuff is already cooked. You don't need to cook it twice. Save the rest of the tuna salad for me. I'll lettuce wrap it.

Sorry, got off track. Hit a nerve.

Tastes alot better served on a bun....:redface::D

Who's going to post a Tuna Helper recipe anyway?
The best thing you can do for tuna helper is stop buying the cheap tuna...go for the cans that are two or three times the cheap stuff and it actually starts tasting okay.

When I eat tuna out of a can, it's add a little mayo, dill, cayenne, and toss it on some multi-grain rye. If I have some provolone in the house, I will turn it into a melt.

When I eat tuna out of a can, it's add a little mayo, dill, cayenne, and toss it on some multi-grain rye. If I have some provolone in the house, I will turn it into a melt.

So, if you have to cover it up that much, what is the point of eating it? I can't get past the smell and my cat's tuna food makes me want to vomit sometimes.

David

The best thing you can do for tuna helper is stop buying the cheap tuna...go for the cans that are two or three times the cheap stuff and it actually starts tasting okay.
I have admittedly never made tuna helper but I do make salmon casserole with boxed scalloped potatoes and a small can of that expensive red salmon. It would probably be healthier with real potatoes but I'm lazy and the way I eat real potatoes is from the microwave with butter, salt, and pepper.

There! I shared two recipes. :D

So, if you have to cover it up that much, what is the point of eating it? I can't get past the smell and my cat's tuna food makes me want to vomit sometimes.

David

It's not covering it up. You put salt and pepper on a number of things, don't you? That doesn't cover up the taste. I i only use enough mayo to bind it, not so it's a soup.

It's not covering it up. You put salt and pepper on a number of things, don't you? That doesn't cover up the taste. I i only use enough mayo to bind it, not so it's a soup.

Ah ok, makes sense now. I use pepper, very rarely salt any more. Nothing seems to need salt these days. Must be too much in food.

David

I have admittedly never made tuna helper but I do make salmon casserole with boxed scalloped potatoes and a small can of that expensive red salmon. It would probably be healthier with real potatoes but I'm lazy and the way I eat real potatoes is from the microwave with butter, salt, and pepper.

You cook in the microwave! Stone her! Stone her!

About the only thing I use the microwave for it heating up water, melting butter, and microwave popcorn. Never, ever do I cook with a microwave.

Wait a sec, Sac. Oh no.

Sac! I think we may have sold the monkey into slave labor by accident man.

Monkey leaves my place just fine. No bad behavior, no acting out, enjoying himself immensely.

Then photos of monkey forced to fly on a wheel pant over an agricultural area of Texas and once he lands at Bryan's place, he's all sorts of crazy.

Maybe the Monkey was exposed to a chem-trail and it altered his mind?

David

Sammon: best grilled on a cedar plank. DON'T COOK TOO LONG! Serve with rice and some veggie.

Tuna: Cut in small pieces. DO NOT COOK! Serve on small squares of rice and soy sauce.

Tuna helper ... shish ...

Ah ok, makes sense now. I use pepper, very rarely salt any more. Nothing seems to need salt these days. Must be too much in food.

David

I make everything from scratch except breads, pasta, and cereals. I don't have the attachment to make penne. I can make my own spaghetti and ravioli, but tubed pasta is a bit more difficult.

You cook in the microwave! Stone her! Stone her!

About the only thing I use the microwave for it heating up water, melting butter, and microwave popcorn. Never, ever do I cook with a microwave.

I don't cook very many things in the microwave, potatoes and corn on the cob are all I can think of right now, but I reheat many things...

I'm not much of a casserole person, but that actually sounds good. Have you tried it with fresh salmon? Probably a lot of work to slice up a filet though.

But back on tuna salad, this sounds really good - pesto tuna salad. I could totally rock this stuff on top of a bed of cole slaw.

brian];1982281 said:
Sammon: best grilled on a cedar plank. DON'T COOK TOO LONG! Serve with rice and some veggie.

Tuna: Cut in small pieces. DO NOT COOK! Serve on small squares of rice and soy sauce.

Tuna helper ... shish ...

"Ah yes, I will have the Ahi Tuna, Mid Rare and a Sam Adams"

That is the only recipe I know.

There is a big difference between fresh tuna and canned tuna. It's a different animal (figuratively, literally they are the same.) Canned tuna is great for tuna salad. Period. Raw or very slightly cooked tuna (ahi, or whatever) is great for everything else.

Problem is you have to get that stuff real fresh - it dries out in a hurry. It will dry out on you before it will go bad. Once it's lost it's moisture, it's gnarly.

There is a big difference between fresh tuna and canned tuna. It's a different animal (figuratively, literally they are the same.) Canned tuna is great for tuna salad. Period. Raw or very slightly cooked tuna (ahi, or whatever) is great for everything else.

Problem is you have to get that stuff real fresh - it dries out in a hurry. It will dry out on you before it will go bad. Once it's lost it's moisture, it's gnarly.

Then it becomes cat food ...

(I do admit, there are some crazy good canned tuna brands out there. At $5/can, it better be.)

I haven't had tuna since I was 8 years old. I'm not a fish person, but mixed with a bunch of mayo it wasn't too bad.

So assuming I got some tuna and put just a little light mayo with it, really what's the difference between Starkist or COS and the more expensive stuff? And I'm assuming that you guys get the stuff packed in water and not oil.

I'd probably put some lettuce on there. Maybe a pickle. A little mustard?

I haven't had tuna since I was 8 years old. I'm not a fish person, but mixed with a bunch of mayo it wasn't too bad.

So assuming I got some tuna and put just a little light mayo with it, really what's the difference between Starkist or COS and the more expensive stuff? And I'm assuming that you guys get the stuff packed in water and not oil.

My preferred blend is Helmanns Mayo, salt, dill pickles /relish... Smear on toasted bread, top with potato chips and install the top bread.....

YUMMY....

Ps... Not sure about that mustard idea...:redface::redface:

A can of tuna Mixed in with a box of Kraft Mac n cheese is a pretty tasty quick meal.

The "good" stuff has more uniform chunks and less mooshy stuff, but the taste is the same, and not particularly important if you're making tuna salad. I only use water packed. Just enough mayo to bind it, maybe a little chopped celery and pickle. No salty seasonings, it's already salty enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwinters
A can of tuna Mixed in with a box of Kraft Mac n cheese is a pretty tasty quick meal.

Levels. Wrong on so many of them.

Then you'll LOVE this:

Boil water, two packs of Ramen noodles, throw in some frozen veggies (peas are my favorite here).

Boil the required three minutes, drain in colander. Add can of tuna and one pack of the seasoning (NOT both), toss/mix in original pan and dump it on a plate.

Not shabby for a semi-tasty quick meal.

You heard about the black tar heroin? That little ****er had me mail him some while he was with 6PC and never paid me. Then I found this video of him...

Back