Zulu 3 bluetooth echo

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
After owning my lightspeed Zulu 3's for 6 months, I finally got around to trying the bluetooth functionality in preparation for our upcoming trip. I was disappointed to find the sound echoey. I got my wife's pair out, and they do the same thing. It's not terrible, just ever so slightly annoying. Is there any cure for it?

I have been using the Zulu 3's since they came out and I have also sold tons of them...
I find the bluetooth music and calls to be excellent and not echoey... I have never had a complaint from any of my customers about sound quality either???
So what is echoey? music? phone calls?

I have been using the Zulu 3's since they came out and I have also sold tons of them...
I find the bluetooth music and calls to be excellent and not echoey... I have never had a complaint from any of my customers about sound quality either???
So what is echoey? music? phone calls?

Did not try phone calls. Podcasts, music, and YouTube. Used my tablet and her phone. It's just the slightest echo... if it was a source you weren't familiar with, you may not notice it, but podcasts I've been listening to for years.... it's annoying.

Did not try phone calls. Podcasts, music, and YouTube. Used my tablet and her phone. It's just the slightest echo... if it was a source you weren't familiar with, you may not notice it, but podcasts I've been listening to for years.... it's annoying.

I have never really sat and listened to mine at the house or anything. They always sound excellent behind that engine at 2500rpm.

How did you test? Did you call something on speakerphone at the far end or loud enough to feed back into the Zulu mic?

I have never really sat and listened to mine at the house or anything. They always sound excellent behind that engine at 2500rpm.

And that may be the issue. Im sitting in a quiet room setting this up so I don't have to figure it out in the air. Im also not expecting to get the same sound quality as my shures, but I figured if it was something I could fix, I would.

And that may be the issue. Im sitting in a quiet room setting this up so I don't have to figure it out in the air. Im also not expecting to get the same sound quality as my shures, but I figured if it was something I could fix, I would.

I am sure it is the ANR trying to function. They sample noise and cut it down. In a quiet room they are still trying to do their job I suppose. They are not designed for a quiet room, they are designed for a noisy airplane. Go out and crank up the lawn mower and try em. LOL!

Back