ZOAN XRX Traffic Alert needed

bahama flier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
bahama flier
I know they are out of business now, but they are the best units out there now. If anyone knows where I can find one under $500.please let me know.

New or used:dunno:

I will be in Bahamas for a week, will check my mail..

I picked one up on ebay new in box for $500 and they included the garmin cable. Keep an eye on there!

Before you buy one, my .02

It works sometimes but 2-3 times per hour, it picks up my own transponder scares the living hell out of me.

I have had it for about a year and for the last 3-4 months, I leave it turned off and just get flight following. It is a nice concept but not as accurate as I would have liked and the false alarms are a real problem.

In the manual it states that it is inaccurate if the target plane is banking. You will see a plane 5 miles out, then 1 mile out and 5 miles out again. And I promise you the whole time you are trying to figure out where the plane is, you are going to be in a panic.

Do some searching on google you will find this behavior is very common and a lot of people go the route of just not using them.

Get flight following and wait for the next generation of collision detection appliance to come out.

I would sell you mine but I went in 1/2 and 1/2 with my dad and he won't part with it.

Read through some of these:
https://www.google.com/#q=zaon+xrx+"false+alarms"

Our unit works fine, but the only problem is when we fly over strip coal mines it goes off.

So now if we get a reading we first look down to see if we are over a coal mine:)

Last edited:
I know they are out of business now, but they are the best units out there now. If anyone knows where I can find one under $500.please let me know.

New or used:dunno:

I will be in Bahamas for a week, will check my mail..

MRX is great, easy to use. I had an MRX, sold it, bought an XRX, hated it, bought another MRX and still have it. I do have ADSB via a GTX345 and two ipads plus a 650 on board, and the Zaon is not coming out of my plane. I do not like the algorithms Garmin uses at all. I want more than a 1 mile notice with closing speeds of 300 knots. Happens like that all the time. Hate it. The MRX pics up the strongest transponder to me. Also found traffic not painting on ADSB and the Zaon had it lit up. It's a good little tool for a complete traffic package.

Back