Zhukovsky airshow

Is the An-72 where Honda Jet got its idea? That's an odd design. I sure wouldn't want to be near an open door at high power.

The Be-103 seaplane is a pretty cool design. Is anything like that built in the US? And I'm sure I would have seen pictures of a US-made "sea jet." That Be-200 would be a riot to fly.

A question for the prop experts. Wouldn't there be interference by one prop with the other in the An-22 or An-70 designs? I'm referring to the counter-rotating props.

Lockheed Martin uses the An-124 to fly missiles out of DIA on a regular basis. It's all done during the night as they have a sixty-mile drive just to get the missile from Waterton Canyon to DIA.

What's the gizmo under the Ka-31 helo?

Greg, those are great pics. Thanks for the post!

Is the An-72 where Honda Jet got its idea? That's an odd design. I sure wouldn't want to be near an open door at high power.

The Be-103 seaplane is a pretty cool design. Is anything like that built in the US? And I'm sure I would have seen pictures of a US-made "sea jet." That Be-200 would be a riot to fly.
The Be-103 is sold in the USA, and they occasionally land at KCDW, my home airport.
Sure are odd looking ducks, and the one that I see the most has a full suite of US avionics, including a HSI.

Lockheed Martin uses the An-124 to fly missiles out of DIA on a regular basis. It's all done during the night as they have a sixty-mile drive just to get the missile from Waterton Canyon to DIA.

AN-72 looks like it was copied from a design in the US back in the day. One that didn't get past the YC-xx stage.

That is a long drive for a missile carrying trailer from the Waterton plant to DIA. I worked there in the early 1980s.

Back