Zeppelin Cover Band

They are pretty good.

Dread Zeppelin's (a reggea band with an Elvis front man) version comes in at a distant second:

Most overrated band in history. I can't stand Fred Zepplin or the radio station that can't let 20 minutes go by without playing something by them. It isn't so much the music, its Robert Plant - can't stand him.

Most overrated band in history. I can't stand Fred Zepplin or the radio station that can't let 20 minutes go by without playing something by them. It isn't so much the music, its Robert Plant - can't stand him.
You're not alone with that feeling. Lots of unflattering comments about LZ in those videos. One of the most drugged-up bands of the MJ past. Along with PJ. :)
Whoever thought that smoking weed and doing music would product any positive results? :D

I like LZ a lot. I remember when their music came out on the old FM radio stations before they became commercial, where there were few if any commercials, and they'd play entire albums. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
Whoever thought that smoking weed and doing music would product any positive results? :D

Heck they all did at least weed, most even harder stuff. Except Ted Nugent. He didn't do drugs. His words not mine. :rofl:

Weed and music go together.
Either you smoke it and you make really good music, or you smoke it and it makes the music really good. So a friend tells me...

win win :D

Blashemy!!!

Last edited:
Maybe you're thinking of Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, or The Beatles? How's that for throwing gasoline on fire! :)
I too couldn't stand Plant's vocals at first but I came for the Jimmy Page and stayed for the John Bonham & John Paul Jones. That rhythm section alone was brilliant. Toss Jimmy Page on top of that...are you frigging kidding me? Some of the live recordings contain musical gold and genius playing.
I'm so glad I "found" Led Zeppelin early on in my music journey but I'll be honest that I'm most likely biased because of it.
And f Stairway to Heaven but you've got to be careful, overplayed != overrated.

Love me some Led Zep. Most of the best stuff is rarely if ever played on the radio.

mother effin zeppelin. love em. I can see any individual member possibly being called overrated. page technically was not great, but the group, effin nailed it.

Last edited:
THanks for posting Matthew. I did not know that was out there. I see videos of Jimmy Page fairly often but I dont see JPJ out there much.

THanks for posting Matthew. I did not know that was out there. I see videos of Jimmy Page fairly often but I dont see JPJ out there much.
Yeah, I like that version.

And Dave Grohl can flat out rock.

And one of the best Immigrant Song covers (Trent Reznor of NIN and Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

And Heart, featuring Ann Wilson, who can sing right up there with Plant. Robert got teamed up a bit listening to Ann.

Last edited:
She would do better as a pilot...

The girl in your first post....not too bad, but not good enough, IMHO
Well, the bass player also (I guess she is the pilot)

The girl in your first post....not too bad, but not good enough, IMHO
Well, the bass player also (I guess she is the pilot)

She had quite a collection of Certificates and Ratings.

Well, I am open minded her bio is impressive, listened to a few of her you tube videos, and Gretchen Menn has more ratings than I do, more power to her!

Back