Zeftronics Overcharge Sensor

OkieAviator

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
OkieAviator
Anyone have any experience with Zeftronics items? The overcharge sensor went out on my 172 and while looking to source the part I came across the STC replacement. Seems the Cessna piece can be found for $110 (C593001-0101) while the Zeftronics part is $132 (V11100).

Thoughts?

Used the Zeftronics parts on my twin beech ,worked great ,never a problem. Was much cheaper than beech parts.

put the zeftronics voltage regulator with over-voltage protection in the 'kota when the voltage regulator failed - got to discard the old over-voltage protector in the deal

no problems for the past two years

put the zeftronics voltage regulator with over-voltage protection in the 'kota when the voltage regulator failed - got to discard the old over-voltage protector in the deal

no problems for the past two years

Me too, two years in my Cardinal. Get rid of that Cessna overvoltage sensor and go with the Zeftronics with it built in.

Zef has a decent reputation, in many cases you can get the ovr built into the vr which is nice. I have one and think it is ok but wonder why it cannot control the voltage a little more tightly. Maybe its not the Zef's fault. On a 4hr xc, without me ever turning a new device or light on or off, the voltage will wander from 13.8 to 14.3. 2yo battery. Its always done this, even with a new battery. Could be more to it though.

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the V11100 Sensor.

I supposed if my voltage regulator ever goes out I'll get one that has the built in sensor functionality.

Zef has a decent reputation, in many cases you can get the ovr built into the vr which is nice. I have one and think it is ok but wonder why it cannot control the voltage a little more tightly. Maybe its not the Zef's fault. On a 4hr xc, without me ever turning a new device or light on or off, the voltage will wander from 13.8 to 14.3. 2yo battery. Its always done this, even with a new battery. Could be more to it though.

I don't think that's all that bad David. Mine (Zeftronics R15100 Rev A) is fairly steady at 13.5 to 13.7 but occasionally pops up to 13.9. So it's about the same swing as yours. You can see it here. Just pull down one of the tabs on the right and select VOLTS.

One thing to remember is that to follow Zeftronics paperwork that comes with the unit. Had to call for a few questions and first thing they asked for is a copy of the form that came with the unit that I had to fill out when I installed them. No issues with it. Nice to have the LED light on it for troubleshooting. Don't know if all have it.

One thing to remember is that to follow Zeftronics paperwork that comes with the unit. Had to call for a few questions and first thing they asked for is a copy of the form that came with the unit that I had to fill out when I installed them. No issues with it. Nice to have the LED light on it for troubleshooting. Don't know if all have it.

You're talking about a voltage regulator correct or does the sensor/relay have a light on it as well?

Back