Zaxby's

I'd be willing to bet that some white-coated scientist is working on just such a thing in some lab in the basement of some building somewhere.

There are a couple of fake chicken ("ficken") products out there. Morningstar Farms makes theirs out of soy, Quorn is some sort of fungus grown in tanks. Both are ok, but the texture's a little off.

I'm holding out for the "Impossible Chicken Sandwich"... a sandwich made entirely out of vegetable matter pretending to be a chicken breast, but with more sodium and not any healthier than real chicken. Maybe a "Nashville Hot Vegetable Chicken" kind of thing...

One of our kids lives near Nashville and introduced us to Nashville Hot Chicken a year or so ago. Probably not great for you, but man, is it GOOOD.

I think the closest thing you have to that is Chicken McNuggets. They are chicken meat, rendered in to a vegetable base, and formed back in to chicken pieces in some kind of meat form that might be meat, or maybe not.

I didn't understand how they could build a whole business out of chicken salad - chicken, mayo, pickles/relish... Then I realized that they put darn near anything in chicken salad these days - grapes, nuts, quinoa, apples... What the heck!? Commies. All commies.

I don't care what they want to call it. CSC has one called the "Fancy Nancy" with the grapes/nuts/etc. in it. It's fantastic stuff, and pretty filling from just a single scoop. Reminds me a lot of a traditional salad I used to get at a restaurant in central PA that goes by the same name.

Lol, my suburb has all three of those within a block of each other as well as a few other variations (Charlie's Chicken, KFC, etc). Zaxby's is a mile away. That area of town is locally known as the Fried Chicken and Mattress District, lol.
I've never tried a fried mattresso_O

Back