ZAON PCAS XRX $100.00

Attachments

• ZAON PIC 1.jpg
    ZAON PIC 1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 39
  • ZAON PIC 2.jpg
    ZAON PIC 2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 24
Sorry to someone who PM me. I was trying to read it and deleted it by mistake. Please send it again.

second one I've missed this week.

Yep, it works adequately. They were selling for over a thousand bucks a few years ago but the company went belly up and given the juggernaut to ADSB they don't have a much of a resale value. Still I have mine sitting on the glareshield and turn it on every flight.

Yep, it works adequately. They were selling for over a thousand bucks a few years ago but the company went belly up and given the juggernaut to ADSB they don't have a much of a resale value. Still I have mine sitting on the glareshield and turn it on every flight.

Me too. And regarding ADSB, I see the Zaon as an independent source of information to that, and arguably more reliable. Unlike ADSB, Zaon detects a target even if it has no ADSB OUT and/or there is no ADSB ground station in range.
Also, my current ADSB warnings are all visual (which I might miss in some cases), while the Zaon has a very nice female voice alert right in my headset.
So I think the Zaon is a great product, even with ADSB, and would hate to ever lose mine.

Most likely will sell mine once the ADS-B is installed by the end of the month.

I know the unit has saved my bacon when planes crossing the river/bay and not talking to anyone show up. It's a nice heads up to assist with see and avoid.

I was the one who managed to buy Scott's Zaon XRX. Thanks only to fortuitous timing. The asking price was a no-brainer even though I wasn't in the market, I immediately offered to buy it. And I already own both a Zaon MRX and a SkyguardTWX ADS-B system. So why buy the XRX? Because on the ground at my airport (77S) an ADS-B receiver can't pick up the signal from any nearby towers (there are hills in the way), so it only detects aircraft in the pattern or nearby that have ADS-B out. And few do. Whereas the Zaon machines listen for the radar triggered transponder replies from those aircraft, which ARE easily received while I'm on the ground even where radio shadowing blocks ADS-B tower transmissions.

Once I get the XRX sometime next week I'll put my MRX up fo sale here (offers will not be considered or accepted prior to that post.) I suggest anyone interested in getting a Zaon unit might consider posting a "XRX wanted; willing to pay $X" request to the classifieds. It sounds like some people own them that have no use for them anymore but haven't bothered to put them up fo sale.

I was the one who managed to buy Scott's Zaon XRX. Thanks only to fortuitous timing. The asking price was a no-brainer even though I wasn't in the market, I immediately offered to buy it. And I already own both a Zaon MRX and a SkyguardTWX ADS-B system. So why buy the XRX? Because on the ground at my airport (77S) an ADS-B receiver can't pick up the signal from any nearby towers (there are hills in the way), so it only detects aircraft in the pattern or nearby that have ADS-B out. And few do. Whereas the Zaon machines listen for the radar triggered transponder replies from those aircraft, which ARE easily received while I'm on the ground even where radio shadowing blocks ADS-B tower transmissions.

Once I get the XRX sometime next week I'll put my MRX up fo sale here (offers will not be considered or accepted prior to that post.) I suggest anyone interested in getting a Zaon unit might consider posting a "XRX wanted; willing to pay $X" request to the classifieds. It sounds like some people own them that have no use for them anymore but haven't bothered to put them up fo sale.

You got a bargain - I see others asking $400+ for it - I also went for it but you just beat me !!!

Monroy sold a couple units. The ADT 200 and ADT 300.

Me too. And regarding ADSB, I see the Zaon as an independent source of information to that, and arguably more reliable. Unlike ADSB, Zaon detects a target even if it has no ADSB OUT and/or there is no ADSB ground station in range.
Yes, and mine will go into the trash when I put the active traffic system in my plane as part of the ADSB installation. Many of the ADSB systems (like the L3 and also the Avidyne and I suspect others) will do active Mode C/S pinging of non-ADSB aircraft much like today's TCAS. I've seen the L3 one in action (our head of the state aviation authority has one). Very sweet.

Monroy sold a couple units. The ADT 200 and ADT 300.

Monroys were less functional. They were more in line with the Zaon PCX product. The XRX was about as good as you were going to get in the "portable" device.

Yes, and mine will go into the trash when I put the active traffic system in my plane as part of the ADSB installation. Many of the ADSB systems (like the L3 and also the Avidyne and I suspect others) will do active Mode C/S pinging of non-ADSB aircraft much like today's TCAS. I've seen the L3 one in action (our head of the state aviation authority has one). Very sweet.

Sure, if you have TAS like the Avidyne TAS600A, the Zaon becomes a museum piece. But you'd have to fork over 5 digits for that, vs. 3 for the Zaon.

Sure, if you have TAS like the Avidyne TAS600A, the Zaon becomes a museum piece. But you'd have to fork over 5 digits for that, vs. 3 for the Zaon.

It was 4 for the Zaon when I bought it. They Lynx active traffic isn't as pricey but you are right it's still more than the Zaon.

Back