Zaon Customer Service contact info

Tmcdavitt

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tmcdavitt
This may be a silly question... Does anyone know how to get in touch with Zaon? It seems as if their phone numbers are no longer in service and my emails have so far gone unanswered... I'm having an issue with my XRX and would like to see if it can be repaired. Thanks.

This may be a silly question... Does anyone know how to get in touch with Zaon? It seems as if their phone numbers are no longer in service and my emails have so far gone unanswered... I'm having an issue with my XRX and would like to see if it can be repaired. Thanks.

I've have heard they are out of business. Someone over at Beechtalk confirmed it.

Net rumors from unknown sources - hmmm. On the other hand, was easy to verify none of their phone numbers seemed to be working when I tried. I see mypilotstore.com is now selling the XRX at $799 "Closeout pricing. All sales final":

http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/4612

Don't see any other dealers doing that yet. Could simply mean that dealer is no longer planning to sell that line anymore.

But their XRX is now competing at roughly the same price as the Skyguard TWX ADS-B transceiver - but the Zaon offers much less value - so their market may have suddenly collapsed in the last few months and Skyguard is eating their lunch.

Chester Jurskis went and looked personally (Zaon is a couple hundred yards from Chester's office), found mail piled up and no evidence of anyone having opened the door recently. Bad deal.

Net rumors from unknown sources - hmmm. On the other hand, was easy to verify none of their phone numbers seemed to be working when I tried. I see mypilotstore.com is now selling the XRX at $799 "Closeout pricing. All sales final":

Most likely is an inventory of returned units.

Last edited:
By some force of luck I checked the cable between my XRX and my Aera (my problem was that the XRX quit sending info to the Aera) and one of the pins was out of alignment in the connection...

It seems as if I avoided a costly issue. As for the company going under; guess I won't be looking for software updates...

Thanks for the info gentlemen.

Last edited:
Too obscure?:
270px-STPatterns_Force.jpg

I just called Sporty's and they confirmed that Zaon IS out of business.

You would think that responsible vendors of their products would at least indicate this on their website so people would know that there will be no warranty or support.

Chester Jurskis went and looked personally (Zaon is a couple hundred yards from Chester's office), found mail piled up and no evidence of anyone having opened the door recently. Bad deal.

Website still up. Pricing on the ADS-B unit is rather high. No wonder it went OOB. But I do like my small Zaon unit. When it dies, will have a choice of ADS-B.

Website still up. Pricing on the ADS-B unit is rather high. No wonder it went OOB. But I do like my small Zaon unit. When it dies, will have a choice of ADS-B.

It was ADS-B traffic only, no weather which was a deal breaker for me and probably a stupid business decision on their part

It was ADS-B traffic only, no weather which was a deal breaker for me and probably a stupid business decision on their part

Maybe. It was supposed to allow you to connect your XRX to it, and then it would send both sets of data to your display device. In theory, that was a much better solution than just ADS-B in, and it would provide traffic outside of ADS-B or Radar coverage.

In the past, that'd be your 496/696/796, BUT, so many people have gone with tablet devices now you absolutely would have to have some kind of support from a major app developer.

Neither FF nor Pilot works with other's box, so maybe Zaon's thinking was that if they just do traffic, they'd pick up the support of one of those two.

Guess that didn't work out either.

Richman

Back