Z98 Fly-in/Drive-in (Zeeland, Mi)

lawingr

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LegalEagle
Blue Sun Air is hosting a Fly-in/Drive-in at Ottawa Executive Airport (Z98) the first Saturday of every month, May through August.

Free hot dogs, chips, and pop. They do ask that you bring your own folding chair if you want to sit down. More information can be found here http://www.bluesunair.net/

The first event is next Saturday, May 2, 2009 from 11am to 1pm.

This is the airport and the FBO where I did all my private pilot training. Our flying club also has them do all our maintenance. This is a genuinely great group of people and a wonderful little airport.

I look forward to the opportunity to meet a lot of your there. Please try to make it out to these events to support this great airport. I will try to remember to put up a new announcement here on the boards each month as a reminder. If you have any questions, let me know.

Blue Sun Air is hosting a Fly-in/Drive-in at Ottawa Executive Airport (Z98) the first Saturday of every month, May through August.

Free hot dogs, chips, and pop. They do ask that you bring your own folding chair if you want to sit down. More information can be found here http://www.bluesunair.net/

The first event is next Saturday, May 2, 2009 from 11am to 1pm.

This is the airport and the FBO where I did all my private pilot training. Our flying club also has them do all our maintenance. This is a genuinely great group of people and a wonderful little airport.

I look forward to the opportunity to meet a lot of your there. Please try to make it out to these events to support this great airport. I will try to remember to put up a new announcement here on the boards each month as a reminder. If you have any questions, let me know.

I used to have occasion to fly into BIV enroute to a customer (Gentex) northeast of Holland and wished I could use Z98 but there was no way to get from that airport to my customer. No crew car, no rental car, no taxi. It's too late for me now as I'm no longer working for the company who had Gentex as a customer but I am curious if the lack of ground transportation has ever been addressed.

I used to have occasion to fly into BIV enroute to a customer (Gentex) northeast of Holland and wished I could use Z98 but there was no way to get from that airport to my customer. No crew car, no rental car, no taxi. It's too late for me now as I'm no longer working for the company who had Gentex as a customer but I am curious if the lack of ground transportation has ever been addressed.

I did my private there and there has probably been five different FBO ownership changes in 7 years. I never recall a car there. That's a privately owned strip by all the houses on the west side, it's really more there for their convenience than anyone else's. No need for a courtesy care for them, they taxi into their garages.

I did my private there and there has probably been five different FBO ownership changes in 7 years. I never recall a car there. That's a privately owned strip by all the houses on the west side, it's really more there for their convenience than anyone else's. No need for a courtesy care for them, they taxi into their garages.
A privately owned residential strip with a FBO?

I don't think they have a courtesy car. The guys are really nice though and it wouldn't surprise me if they would just drive you to your destination themselves if not too far away.

I received my PPL in June of 2007 and Blue Sun (it was called Benz West at that time) had been there for a least a little while. They seem like they are there to stay. Maybe Ed can shed some light on how long they have been there relative to the other FBO's.

It is private-owned, public use, but the folks there are great. Come visit - if you think I'm wrong after your visit, then feel free to flog me :D!

There was a good turn out, although I don't think I saw anyone there from this board or the red board (shame, shame :nono:). There was a pristine Cessna Skymaster. Man was it beautiful - and a great panel to boot. Word was that it got out of the paint shop just last week!

I hope to see some of you fine folks at the next one on June 6th!

Attachments

• skymaster.jpg
    skymaster.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 6
I visited there back in 1997. Quaint little field. They are not big fans of the FAA.:rolleyes:
I was very, very quiet about my employer.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Did npt see this thread until today. We'll see what happens the rest of the year.

Back