Yummy BACON thread...

There's always the A-Pork-alypse biscuit at the fast food joint with the best breakfast--Hardees. It's a ham and Swiss biscuit, with bacon, egg and cheese inside, topped off with a slice of sausage. Enough cholesterol you can feel your arteries hardening, and enough grease you'll need to wash both hands and your face afterwards, UT man, is it tasty! Probably two days' worth of calories, too . . . .

Bacon should be thin and crispy. Triple thick with brown sugar doesn't sound that great to me. Nothing worse than limp fatty bacon (I realize it is mostly fat, but crisping it up solves that).

You had me till "brown sugar"...

Oh no...one of the best bacon dishes I ever had were "Bacon Pops" at Founding Farmers in Washington DC...thick cut strips of a lean cut of bacon on skewers lightly glazed with maple syrup and brown sugar...they were freakin delish.

...but then again, asking the best way to prepare bacon is worse than asking what is the best GA plane.

Oh no...one of the best bacon dishes I ever had were "Bacon Pops" at Founding Farmers in Washington DC...thick cut strips of a lean cut of bacon on skewers lightly glazed with maple syrup and brown sugar...they were freakin delish.

...but then again, asking the best way to prepare bacon is worse than asking what is the best GA plane.

Yes, and I know people that put stuff like this in their cup and still believe they are drinking good coffee too ;)

Real bacon doesn't require embellishment. :D

IMG_0281.PNG

tgAOsp6.jpg

Back