Youtube website freezes after a few seconds of going on the website with IE

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
This happened today. I recently updated my system installing Windows Update. When I tried to go on Youtube, it would freeze up a few seconds into it. The advertisement video on the main page won't even load. I usually use Internet Explorer. When I tried going on Youtube with Google Chrome, it was fine somehow.

I think when I most recently updated my computer with Windows Update, the problem must have occurred then. What do you think? How can I fix this problem?

Anyone? Help please?

Strange..

Pretty much the same thing just started happening to me today but using chrome on a Mac. Safari working ok.

This week there have been 3 batches of updates to windoze systems. The first was an IE new version (11). The second was to patch the instability of IE 11. The ones today are supposed to fix the problems the fixes caused for windows explorer.

go figure.
They'll get it right middle of next week

My office server isn't allowed to have updates until a month after my home server has withstood a month of this cockamamie madness.

If you're a Windows user and not familiar with or haven't noticed the pattern of patches always falling on "Patch Tuesday", and anything released outside of Patch Tuesday as being out of normal cycle, and usually indicates a huge screw up worthy of an emergency release... now you know.

Second Tuesday of every month in North America, gird your Windows-lovin' loins for breakage!!! Heh.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_Tuesday

This PSA brought to you by Windows server admins cussing at 2AM Wednesday morning, the first available overnight maintenance window they can reboot the machines. Or when WSUS or similar will for them and not just break stuff, but automatically break stuff! Even better!

Now you know why your Windows admins look sleep deprived and unhappy every. 2nd week of the month. It's their "time of the month." ;)

You're welcome. :)

(Don't worry. Linux is no better. They just release crap every single day. :) Apple releases... Oh... Six months later... after the machines have all been hacked. ;) ;) ;) Or they go their Java route... pansy-assed quitters who pulled their Java version that some people need and had a legitimate excuse to have on a machine. Pricks.)

Same problem. It only seems to happen on YouTube pages where the Flash player isn't loaded (YouTube home page, etc).

Back