Youtube slow?

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
I'm running IE7 on a cable modem, Win XP SP3

Youtube seems to pause when watching videos- it will only play a few seconds at a time, load some more, play a few seconds, repeat.

It seems like it only started recently (this weekend?)

I haven't knowingly installed any software on this computer. I noticed the ad in the corner of Youtube was playing fine...

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks much!

Generally just means the bandwidth isn't enough to support the real time streaming. Start the video and immediately hit pause and the client will spool up the clip and you can play away.

I thought that too, tried what you suggested. I didn't see the indicator moving suggesting the video is being buffered.

After reading your post, I tried it again just to be sure.

Their ad ran fine, this ad below also worked fine:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MassMutual

This suggests either it's an intermittant problem or they are streaming revenue ads better than the entertainment.

Thanks much!

I've noticed the same scenario; however, I assumed my problem has to do with my satellite service ISP, there being no cable service on this island. I'll try the other suggestion(s).

HR

Result: No dice. The audio tries to continue, with interruptions, but the video only moves in occasional "stills."

HR

Found my problem (probably)...cable modem was dying. It would randomly stop working. Time Warner swapped it out and no problems over two days. The dropped connection was becoming at least a daily occurance.

Back