Your resident beer snob has arrived!!

Capt.Crash'n'Burn

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Capt.Crash'n'Burn
This seems like the best place for introductions, so here goes!

I'm a 38 yr old former Marine Airframe mechanic, I have 0 experience with cicvil aviation, but I've recently become interested in it, so that's why I'm here.

Aside from an interest in airplanes, my hobbies and interests are: drag racing, grassroots motorsports of all kinds, hunting, shooting, ammo reloading, beer exploration and disc golf.

In case you were wondering who makes the best beer in the world, the answer is... Belgium!

OK, feel free to fire away. :target:

Oh, my.

Well, lots of firearms enthusiasts around here. Lots of beer drinkers too.

AFA beer goes, Belgium is indeed interesting. I really like dropping into a local anywhere in Britain myself, even though far too many have gone corporate. Munich and the biergartens, well, any place where you can order ein Mass is a good one. I am happy most of all for the American craftbrew renaissance. This is a great country for beer, even if most bars still serve yellow waters (Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light, Miller, Miller Light, and the Euro-yellow water, Stella Artois).

Get into GA. It's great. I finally succumbed to a lifelong interest about 6yrs ago. Now I have a commercial, multi-engine rating with instrument privileges, my own plane, and a bunch of great experiences. Plus I've met some really great people courtesy of POA.

Have fun here.

Looks like a good combo of hobbies! Are you a member of Grassrootsmotorsports.com? I'm ZOOMX5 over there.

To say that our resident beer sob has arrived discounts the multitudes of beer snobs already on the board.

"Another resident beer snob has arrived" might have been a better title.

To say that our resident beer sob has arrived discounts the multitudes of beer snobs already on the board.

Very true!!!!

beer snobs just make me want to order a pitcher of PBR.

it's a nice compromise if you don't want to spend the extra money on Bud Light.

Geez guys.....

It's only beer, and the rental period is about three hours. After that it cycles through and turns into yellow snow.:thumbsup:

Oh, my.

AFA beer goes, Belgium is indeed interesting. I really like dropping into a local anywhere in Britain myself, even though far too many have gone corporate. Munich and the biergartens, well, any place where you can order ein Mass is a good one. I am happy most of all for the American craftbrew renaissance. This is a great country for beer, even if most bars still serve yellow waters (Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light, Miller, Miller Light, and the Euro-yellow water, Stella Artois).

Get into GA. It's great. I finally succumbed to a lifelong interest about 6yrs ago. Now I have a commercial, multi-engine rating with instrument privileges, my own plane, and a bunch of great experiences. Plus I've met some really great people courtesy of POA.

Have fun here.

First welcome to POA and I second everything that Andrew Said. I would disagree that the best beer's are from belgium. Certainly I think the best Ales are from Belguim ( not inlcuding the IPAs )

Although Andrew lives in New Jersey I agree with his analysis regarding American Craft beers. And then there is Vitamin Y:cheers:

"In case you were wondering who makes the best beer in the world, the answer is... Belgium!"

Wrong!!!

Natural Light is the best beer in the world! I prefer to call it mothers milk

Yeah.....

The best beer ever made is clearly either Coors Light or Shiner Bock.

But nice try :D

Welcome!

That reminds me of all the places in NYC that were advertising as having PBR... dunno if they really enjoyed it, or just liked the cheapness of it. :vomit:
PBR is the official beer of the hipster. Similar to the "ironic trucker hat", PBR is adopted as an ironic symbol of the working-class.
-harry

...I have 0 experience with cicvil aviation, but I've recently become interested in it, so that's why I'm here.
Yesterday I couldn't spell it, today I are one.

It's a harsh crowd but a ton of fun. And I think everyone, great and small, learns a lot. POA is a good place to be.

Semper Fi

Once you start to load your own ammo, you begin to realize that a gun is just a single cylinder internal combustion engine that kicks the rod out on every power stroke. ;-)

Have fun here.

I hope to get infected with the GA sickness too.

Looks like a good combo of hobbies! Are you a member of Grassrootsmotorsports.com? I'm ZOOMX5 over there.

No, although I should probably join. I have a great idea for a cheap Nitro Dragster class that I'd like to bounce off the guys there. I breifly discussed the idea with Austin Coil and he thought it was a good idea.

I stand corrected. :D

First welcome to POA and I second everything that Andrew Said. I would disagree that the best beer's are from belgium. Certainly I think the best Ales are from Belguim ( not inlcuding the IPAs )

Beer=Ale I don't care if it's firmented on top or bottom, It's all hops & grains to me! Oh, best Pislners, Czech Republic!

Although Andrew lives in New Jersey I agree with his analysis regarding American Craft beers. And then there is Vitamin Y:cheers:

Just what makes New Jersey such a miserable place anyways? I've never been there. I hear bad stories.

Yesterday I couldn't spell it, today I are one.

It's a harsh crowd but a ton of fun. And I think everyone, great and small, learns a lot. POA is a good place to be.

Semper Fi

Hey, when I posted that, I was stone cold sober, my fingers on the other hand, were stinking drunk!!:aureola::devil:

You're such a tool. Guinness...for strength. But not the crap they serve in the states. Ya gotta go to Eire.

Once you start to load your own ammo, you begin to realize that a gun is just a single cylinder internal combustion engine that kicks the rod out on every power stroke. ;-) .
:rofl:

Never thought about it that way. Very true.

The best beer I've ever had was while I was in Brazil. There were a few that I really liked. Wish I could remember the names. Penguim was one.

In case you were wondering who makes the best beer in the world, the answer is... Belgium!

But then again Belgium is solely responsible for Stella. :dunno:

Welcome to the board. The only way to settle where the best beer comes from is for every one with a dog in this hunt is to bring a few sixers to the next (overnight) flyin and have a taste-off! May the best brew win!

...although somehow I doubt that taste-off will produce a definitive answer. More tasting will inevitably be required!!

-Skip

Your not the only fan of Belgian Beers...

Most of the beer that I drink I make, and I tend to make high gravity (alcohol) beer. I really love the Belgian style, and have brewed quite a few trappist ales. In fact I have a Belgian Dark Strong Ale in secondary right now that I am brewing for Christmas presents for friends and family. I will probably bottle it in another month, then cellar it until December...

I also make a pretty good extra stout. The last batch I added some Peats Major Dickason's Blend Coffee to the secondary. It came out awesome, but you have to like dark beer and dark coffee to really appreciate it.

Yeah.....

The best beer ever made is clearly either Coors Light or Shiner Bock.

But nice try :D

Welcome!

I can't get the two into the same arena - as I sit here drinking a Shiner Bock .

I spent a number of years in Germany researching the subject but still in need of more "research". If it isn't a dark beer that approaches needing to be chewed, it isn't beer:cheerswine:.

Last edited:
But then again Belgium is solely responsible for Stella. :dunno:

Welcome to the board. The only way to settle where the best beer comes from is for every one with a dog in this hunt is to bring a few sixers to the next (overnight) flyin and have a taste-off! May the best brew win!

...although somehow I doubt that taste-off will produce a definitive answer. More tasting will inevitably be required!!

-Skip

Agreed. This can't be settled untill everyone here drinks at least a 6-pack of every beer made today. Lordy we've got a lot of work to do!!

Back