"Your Kid Performs Better So They Can't Play With Mine!"

The crybaby parents might as well say that...

Banned For Being Too Good!

This girl is good. With some good roots, she just may be a talent with some good values.

Private league, the rules stated no mixed-gender teams. Yeah, after she was whooping on the boys, the parents got vocal about the rules. But this is really a non-story. If it were something like the girls teams complaining because of her height and ability, THEN there'd be a story.

IMHO this is not a boy/girl issue. its a dominante player issue. If the league is a competive league she should be allowed to play and crush. If its an skills , educational or Rec league it can be difficult. If you have one player that totally dominates all others the others don't always have a chance to learn better skills or participate. But heres the thing as long as she is passing and working with her team mates who the heck cares. Its not like they play the same opponent every time. Ya gotta play against better players to get better.

My daughter plays Lacrosse. Last year they went undefeated this year the commissioner decided to schedual them against tougher teams. They are loosing quite a few games but guess what! Her skills and play are improving.

anyway I don't so much as fault the league as the whiney parents.

The teammate who talked about how her being so good lifts up the whole team showed tremendous wisdom.

IMHO this is not a boy/girl issue. its a dominante player issue.

anyway I don't so much as fault the league as the whiney parents.

Disagree with the first, agree with the second. The way I evaluate these when they come up is the 'there but' method. If a male child in any league, competitive or rec were dominant, there's just no way to remove that child. Competitve, well - surely they would sound stupid for limiting a boy who is age-appropriate, but dominant from playing. In this case, the dominant player is a girl, so they used that as an excuse.

I've faced this with a girl who is way above her skill level, and competes three, four, even five years above her peers. I just move her up where she is competitve, but much younger than the other players. In a contact sport, this has other complications. What the girls parents should do, is move her to a girls league(she is a competitive player) where her skill level matches that of the kids she is on the floor with. It may be a teen league, maybe an adult league(she is over 6'), or whatever it takes. But putting her in with a bunch of kids that are a full head or more less, and also less skilled is bad parenting.

Back