Young guns of PoA, you still got time to break this ...

Haha I exactly had you in mind. Well you still got time to do a feasibility study to see if resources can be organized. With that many people on here, somebody ought to know somebody.

Not many still have that chance, but you do since you're still young. That would be the goal of a lifetime, something that you can show your great grand kids. It's really worth a consideration.

If I found a benefactor I would totally do it.

Let's pass the hat. See how many on here would pledge some dough. I'd toss a few bucks in :)

I think the P210 that the Malaysian guy is using is a poor choice; very difficult to outfit for extra fuel tanks, and burns more, to boot.

I actually think Red Bull might be more open to sponsoring Aerobatics, given they put themselves out to be more "Extreme." Not that I don't think they would be interested, but I would think of them as a long shot .... but you never know.

I think you'll have a better shot by making a list of flying-related companies that can benefit from the exposure, then start attacking that list. It won't be an easy endeavor, but then again, who wants to break an easy record anyways?

That's actually a pretty good idea. How would one go about doing that?

I've got the perfect plane for it - get LoPresti to donate some speed mods, a turbo bullet conversion, powerflo, fueselage tanks......and Phillips 66 to donate gasolines

Bill Signs flew a Mooney around the world. Then he did a bunch more in his 210.

Come to ADS some time, I'll introduce you.

It's gonna take A LOT more than that as you probably know. If you think about the logistics of it ... making pre-arrangements along the way with all the airports, cities, Countries, media, events, and not to mention all the necessary ground support and the people behind the scenes. It's gonna take some planning ... probably more than a year or 2.

So yeah I think if you want to be the youngest, you'll need to start planning now. I was just thinking about the Red Bull issue, maybe add in its two other major competitors in that energy drink space into your consideration. Then think about all the companies related to flying ... aircraft manufactures, engines, Avionics, so on and so on. Once you start building a list and have the first few smaller sponsors on board, then the big sponsors might start to get some interest.

To me, it will be an endeavor that really very few can attempt, less alone complete. So in your case you still have a couple of years to marinate this, sleep on it and see if it still tickles your fancy a month down the road ... and then the fun starts.

Lastly ... ask yourself this: "What others things in my life that I have a chance to break and hold a world record in?"

I've got the perfect plane for it - get LoPresti to donate some speed mods, a turbo bullet conversion, powerflo, fueselage tanks......and Phillips 66 to donate gasolines

Apparently N81MG is a model number now, not a tail number?

I actually think Red Bull might be more open to sponsoring Aerobatics, given they put themselves out to be more "Extreme." Not that I don't think they would be interested, but I would think of them as a long shot .... but you never know.

I think you'll have a better shot by making a list of flying-related companies that can benefit from the exposure, then start attacking that list. It won't be an easy endeavor, but then again, who wants to break an easy record anyways?

Maybe 5 hour energy might wanna take on something a little more "enduring" :D

I never liked these "youngest to..." record breakers. Their attempts often lead to tragedy.

Looks like hes flying a sr22 T from the pics. I tried looking up that number cessna also.

I actually think Red Bull might be more open to sponsoring Aerobatics, given they put themselves out to be more "Extreme." [...]

Hmmm... you could do the trip with the dirty side up!? :D :yes:

Can't be done with less than a PPL, which means age 17. International ops are prohibited for Student Pilots, and many countries prohibit Sport Pilots. Rec Pilot would be limited to those countries authorizing flight by Rec Pilots, and that probably won't work all the way around, and even if they could, they'd still have to be 17. Once someone does this starting the day they get their PPL on their 17th birthday, that will be the end of it.

I've got the credential and the age, but not the backing. I think anyone would be an idiot, suicidal, or both though to attempt this record without at least an IR and 200 hrs; two things I probably won't have for at least a couple of years...

Back