Young Eagles Pilots

Carol

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Carol
Woo hoo!! The most current issue of SportAviation has a listing of Young Eagles pilots. Among those listed are our own Diana Richards and Tom Richards. YOU GO! :cheerio:

Carol said:
Woo hoo!! The most current issue of SportAviation has a listing of Young Eagles pilots. Among those listed are our own Diana Richards and Tom Richards. YOU GO! :cheerio:

Thanks Carol. :)

I see Chip is on the list, as well. Any more of y'all in there?

We have 75 5th through 8th grade kids to take flying this month. This is one of their rewards for completing the Mark Twain reading program. It's always interesting, never boring, and most of all, fun for all involved. :)

Hey carol i'm probably not in there but i've flown 85 kids since i bought my plane in Feb.2002. Dave G.

I made it.

I got a nice certificate for flying the most Young Eagles in a month in 2004. I flew 24 kids at our fly in. Got a nice stack of DVD's from Sporty's.

6.5 on the hobbs
98 gallons of 100LL

24 Smiles and no puke -- Priceless!!

Sorry for the bragging, but I really enjoy the program.

James_Dean said:
I made it.

I got a nice certificate for flying the most Young Eagles in a month in 2004. I flew 24 kids at our fly in.

24 Smiles and no puke -- Priceless!!

That's great! You can't put a price on how it makes them feel, and the intangible rewards you get from taking them.

James_Dean said:
Sorry for the bragging, but I really enjoy the program.

There is no doubt that what you are doing is a positive thing. Brag away! Good for you! :cheerio:

I love the Young Eagles program and I think I have flown almost 300 kids in association with 2 EAA chapters I belong to (I'm president of one). We have our next monthly rally coming up in a few days - let's hope for good weather in the northeast!

Bill

Thats great!!! I'm curious what exactly is young eagles. Its obviously a program to introduce kids to aviation but there has to be more to it than that. I have wanted to offer flights to kids from my daughters class especially those who have problems with math ( I was math challenged as a kid. If someone had used aviation to teach me or get me interested in math 30 years ago it would have been a whole different story) I am also looking into grants to have kids in Jr. High / Middle schools use aviation to get more into math.

I have this vision however; of the Principal, School District and Parents getting apoplectic about the liability issues of letting a bunch of 9-13 yo take to the sky with me. I can just picture the permission slip they would neet to send home. Perhaps Young Eagles can help with this?

Adam Zucker

Check out www.youngeagles.com and also get in touch with your local EAA chapter. In addition to flying YE I also go into my kids' classrooms (8 and 10 yrs old right now) to talk about aviation. I always invite the kids to come out to a YE event and give them registration forms, etc, but they usually don't come. My kids have also each had Young Eagles birthday parties - about 1/2 the kids flew at my daughter's party last month.

Bill

Back