You, YES YOU, could be an Air Marshal!

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7634360/

First Paragraph said:
WASHINGTON - The Federal Air Marshal Service is set to begin hiring for the first time since the agency ramped up dramatically in the immediate aftermath of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, MSNBC.com has learned. The hiring announcement could come as soon as next week and would add badly needed new recruits to a rank-and-file membership that has been steadily declining.
Hmm. Get to fly all the time. :yes:

Get to carry a gun. :yes:

Get to be subjected to the innane political whims of a highly political organization... :no: :no: :no: :no:

Naaaaaaaaaahhh

Greebo said:
Hmm. Get to fly all the time. :yes:
But can't log the time. :no:

Greebo said:
But can't use it to put punk TSA employees in their place. :no:

Greebo said:
Get to be subjected to the innane political whims of a highly political organization... :no: :no: :no: :no:

Naaaaaaaaaahhh
You forgot:

Get to stand in line for taking the same trip that you did yesterday...and the day before...and the day before.

Get to lose your hearing early due to the lousy noise protection in the typical passenger jet.

Greebo said:
Hmm. Get to fly all the time.

Riding in a pressurized tube isn't flying. Besides, they'll only let you ride in cruise missiles. :no: :no: :no: You know you won't be getting a window seat either. (window seat: def: 1. windows in front of you)

Greebo said:

I can do that anyway. Also I can carry my survival kit right behind my seat which they're bound to forbid and denying that is a concrete filled lead balloon conversation.

Greebo said:
Get to be subjected to the innane political whims of a highly political organization...

No I can't. I have a SEVERE habit of EXTREME profiling of pax and pilots getting on aeroplanes with me. I'd be soooooo fired even before I opened the car door to go get the application.

Besides, I don't do death traps. Engine out off field STOL characteristics on those things are way out of the allowable envelope.

Yeah... but think of all that reading you could catch up on. Too bad I live in CA and they'd probably only let me carry a mean note to present to a terrorist instead of a gun. :)

corjulo said:
Couldn't think of a more boring job

I have three friends who signed on when they had the initial push for folks just after 9/11. All three have since gone back to local law enforcement. They all said they were bored to tears. Not to mention that they hated the silly rules they were made to follow which made them stand out like neon signs on each flight.

Back