You know you've spent too much time on POA when...

Caramon13

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Romeo
You wander into the Flight Following forum and start to reply to the Daily Pic thread when halfway through you realize, it's a PICTURE thread and not a discussion of PIC responsibilities...

<sigh>

When you meet other POA members and you say something to the effect of, "Hi, I'm Unit74." instead of your real name.

... when you complain on PoA about spending too much time and getting confused on PoA.

Now go fly, dangit! It is a gorgeous day outside.

When you spend your day with your left thumb on the 'Alt' and your left index finger on the 'Tab' key in case your nosy co-workers wander by wondering what you're reading.

Your wife has to get her own account just to communicate with you

When you're in IT, have a system down, are on a sev1 conference call about it, and STILL checking PoA. Whoops, gotta go......

When you're in IT, have a system down, are on a sev1 conference call about it, and STILL checking PoA. Whoops, gotta go......

Dude, that's just a normal day at work. System outage conference calls were designed to be ignored by anyone not typing actual "fix it" commands into something, and there's usually at least four to ten more people on them than necessary to actually fix things.

Since the managers don't like it if it's not "all hands on deck" wasting time on the call, and if you're not the stuck-ee typing, it's free PoA time! :)

Dude, that's just a normal day at work. System outage conference calls were designed to be ignored by anyone not typing actual "fix it" commands into something, and there's usually at least four to ten more people on them than necessary to actually fix things.

Since the managers don't like it if it's not "all hands on deck" wasting time on the call, and if you're not the stuck-ee typing, it's free PoA time! :)

hahahaha this is the truth.. on a SEV1 right now, and listening in. already validated it's not my VMware environment

When you have a dream where you're at a ski resort and you meet Bryan. I wish I was joking...

When you reach up for the red handle, realize you're not in a Cirrus, look around to discover it's not even a Bo.

When you have a dream where you're at a ski resort and you meet Bryan. I wish I was joking...

Did it seem like I flew myself there and managed to do it safely?
That's what's important

When you have a second laptop at work off the company network because your new employer monitors internet browsing.

When you have a hidden wireless router at work hanging off the ISP router so your POA browsing doesnt go through the corp firewall and get blocked.

When your using your laptop connected to the crappy free wifi from the bar and grill near your office because you employer blocks forums.

When your sucking up your company shared data planned because your personal laptop is tethered to your Corp owned IPhone.

Last edited:
Did it seem like I flew myself there and managed to do it safely?
That's what's important

I think it must have been inspired by that thread, because we met at the airport and were discussing flying in on future visits.

Wow your dreams are much much much different than my dreams.

"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"

"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"

Damnit I'm drawing a blank but I feel like I should know this one.....

You take the time to read a thread called "you know you've spent to............................

You know you've spent too much time on POA when...

...you come to believe you can actually HELP Tony Sweet with his child support problems...

Got a few more:

You look at a flight-line full of Cirrus' and wonder how many got there via chute pulls.

Begin to immediately question your CFI about anything FAR-related.

Get immediately interested in ANY chance to debate currency and PIC and logging requirements.

When you read repeat threads.,and actually care.

When POA has replaced Google as your primary source for getting questions answered.

Back