You know you're becoming fatigued when....

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
.... studying for the FOI exam, your tired brain answers the question

"Insights, as applied to learning, involve a person's"
is

"B) Grouping of associated perceptions into meaningful whores."

(real answer is "meaningful wholes", FAA-H-8083-A, page 2-8)

For those who might ask, I'm studying using SheppardAir, as well as excerpts of the Aviation Instructor's Handbook

"meaningful wholes", FAA-H-8083-A, page 2-8)
Nothing like a test of how well you memorized the exact wording of particular phrases from a manual to determine how well you understand and are able to apply concepts to the task at hand.

Nothing like a test of how well you memorized the exact wording of particular phrases from a manual to determine how well you understand and are able to apply concepts to the task at hand.
I've been trying to study for the FOI on and off. I love that the lowest level of learning is "rote", and what does the FOI test... exactly.

Reading the chapters of the AIH makes me miss @denverpilot .... Sooooo many pages of words to over explain certain concepts.

And then the various test preps (like Gleim and ASA) present you with the key items "cliff notes" style in the bare minimum pages needed.

I love that the lowest level of learning is "rote", and what does the FOI test... exactly.
I agree.... but for some odd reason, rote study is working for me if you desire understanding and correlation.

And I'm guessing because focusing straight to question and correct answer is removing all of the noise of the over explaining in the AIH and allowing me to short/long term memory the correct information.

.... studying for the FOI exam, your tired brain answers the question

"Insights, as applied to learning, involve a person's"
is

"B) Grouping of associated perceptions into meaningful whores."

(real answer is "meaningful wholes", FAA-H-8083-A, page 2-8)

I like your answer better.

I like your answer better.
If I ever teach a CFI ground school, I'm definitely using this answer as an intentional mistake to break up the monotony.

I was missing a little sleep during flight instructor training. One time standing on the ramp, near the end of the runway, I asked my instructor about those cows next to the runway. He said, "What cows..?" I said, "Those 4 cows over there near the runway, standing in a straight line."

He looked again, then said, "You mean the PAPI lights.??" "No, those co.... uh... lights... Ok."

We cancelled the flight and went to lunch....

Bugs Bunny FOI.jpg

Gonna schedule the exam this week... My weekend cram session with Sheppard Air got me back to back practice exam scores of 96%.

Looking back, I found the questions themselves to be a decent summary of the info in the AIH. But actually reading the AIH made me feel like the group below.

Some of the subject matter in the FOI discusses positive and negative learning. The text is a definite negative learning event.

upd5j.jpg

The FOI is a rather easy, but over priced, test that should take you about 30 minutes.

@Clip4 ... 30 mins sounds about right... that was how much time I was taking on my practice exams

I’ve actually found the AIH to be somewhat interesting but I realize I’m the minority in thinking that lol

I laid off of flight training when my mother died. About 4 weeks later I thought I should call my CFI and schedule a flight...as I was sitting at a stop sign...waiting for it to turn green...I then realized I should not be in the z axis for a bit...

I laid off of flight training when my mother died. About 4 weeks later I thought I should call my CFI and schedule a flight...as I was sitting at a stop sign...waiting for it to turn green...I then realized I should not be in the z axis for a bit...

The Z dimension is physically outside the structure in space... good call.

The Z dimension is physically outside the structure in space... good call.

Do what? It's simple Cartesian geometry: X-Y defines a planar surface (tyoicallynthenground when discussing geography), and Z is perpendicular to it (in the same case, it defines altitude). Simple 3D space around us is X-Y-Z.

What were you thinking of???

Good call on waiting, boatdude!

Do what? It's simple Cartesian geometry: X-Y defines a planar surface (tyoicallynthenground when discussing geography), and Z is perpendicular to it (in the same case, it defines altitude). Simple 3D space around us is X-Y-Z.

What were you thinking of???

Good call on waiting, boatdude!

When calculating the Z dimension in center of gravity calcs, particularity with articulated vehicles such as tractor trailers, it is very easy to show the Z is actually outside the vehicle. It's all there in the skyscraper stack of accident reconstruction manuals..... Did you not read it all or something? :dunno::popcorn::sosp:

Back